Loch Tay meet up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Preferred date for a Meet up at The Scottish Crannog Centre, Loch Tay.

• 26th to 29th October 2007

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 2nd to 5th November 2007

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • 9th to 12th November 2007

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 16th to 19th November 2007

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • 23rd to 26th November 2007

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • 30th November to 3rd December 2007

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

windward

Forager
Sep 28, 2006
Edinburgh
I'm certainly up for this as I missed last years. This will be my first meet too so looking forward to seeing what takes place. My preference is the 16th to 19th...birthday weekend so was looking to get away somewhere that weekend.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I can run through a sharpening demo/workshop if anyone is interested.
also some knot work, and maybe fire by friction.
I also want to have a play with trapping.
plus I have a new dutch oven i want to play with. :D

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I'd hope to go on the 16th-19th, but may have to go back on the Sunday evening. Can give a lift from Edinburgh...

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
all we need is a good hard frost between now and then to make sure there are no midgies around.
I would prefer that we don't go on the 30th-3rd weekend as it'll clash with the middlewood meet.
I might take my fishing rod. any idea what the score is for permission for fishing on the loch?

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
I would be happy to attend on most dates. I have some time before I get back to work so I would be delighted to stay on & volunteer for some tasks, whether its 2 or 3 weeks. I bought Eric's fishing kit off him at Loch Achray in 2005, so he might want to revisit it and have a wee dram in the process.

I went there a few weeks ago and was very impressed with the quality of the people there. Gavin was happy to spend time showing kids and explaining to parents how the techniques of daily living developed. The commitment & enthusiasm were catching.

George:)

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Very happy with the 16th 19th date but will tryto make any of the others if there is another chosen. May have an improved inflatable canoe by then if so I will possibly bring it. Don't know if I will Hammock or tent. this will likely depend on the weather by then. Really looking forward to this. I could contribute a session on Knotting if this is of interest.
Cheers Stuart.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I'll come (obviously). I'd be up for doing a bit of cooking if theres going to be communal comestibles?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D

Okay, we're good to go :D

16th to 19th November 2007.
The Scottish Crannog Centre, Loch Tay.
http://www.crannog.co.uk/

We'll use the Dalherb site to camp but the suggestion is that we visit the Crannog through the day on the Saturday, have a fire/ cook out/ fire-making/ hurdles making/ flint knapping/ whatever else, there, and then back over the loch to Dalherb for the evening/ night. Crannog food fayre on the Sunday and somewhere in there we'll maybe have a good look/ think/ begin? log boat making.

Camping on site from the Friday to the Monday, and if you intend to stay longer you ought to talk to Barrie (pm me for her email address) I don't think it'll be a problem :rolleyes: :D since she has a whole range of different things that could be done, from crannog repairs to log boats to making stuff like long bows.

I priced loohire, works out about £300 :yikes: so I reckon that'll be a, "No, thank you ".....there is a loo on site but it leads to a septic tank, I don't know it's *capacity*......tree bog maybe? I've got a trenching spade I can bring along.

Oh, and, did I mention the new round house to be built on the Dalherb site? :D :D

Looking forward to this jaunt. :cool:

atb,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
im gutted I cant make this one my boss is on holiday then so ive to man the workshop :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Ah, noooo :(
Sorry Russ, that's real downer.
Barrie had already asked if you were up for staying on too....when *could* you get away? I'm starting to wonder about stretching this one out a bit since the site ought to be quiet anyway.

atb,
mary

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Think I can make this one, if there is room. Possibly with son Ross.

Can bring bow and either canoe or archery target, but not both (only one roof rack:) )

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
There'll be room :) If Janie wants to visit and bring sons 2 & 3 up for a while too, why not? There's a wild harvest food and drinks fayre on the Sunday.

Bows or boats? Ah well, on that one you'll just have to make your mind up; it is a beautiful loch for the canoes but it's cold, 4 oC all year around, and if the weather isn't brilliant a bitty exposed in the middle.

cheers,
Mary

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Doc knows all about the temperature of the water in Loch Tay, believe me... ;) :D

I should be able to supply my (rather tired) archery target, so if Josh can supply a second we should be OK.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE