Genuinearmysupplies

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

willie

Forager
Sep 25, 2004
aberdeen,scotland
www.google.com
Evening all, im looking for a new sleeping bag and i came across the Nanok -10 for £40 :O from GenuinearmySurplus was just wondering if anyone has bought one from here and was wondering if its maybe "seconds" or not and how the service is with this company..

Thanks in advance..

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
If its Genuine Army Surplus rather than supplies I have dealt with them and they are fine. I also have a Nanok -10 and its a great bag if a little bulky when packed. At £40 its an absolute steal - they are so cheap just because Nanok are pulling out of UK distributors so its "end of line" - nothing at all wrong with them and they are worth more than double that price

Buy One

Red

willie

Forager
Sep 25, 2004
aberdeen,scotland
www.google.com
Yea its surplus... i had the web site open as well What a wolly i am lol

Its late.. its my excuse and im sticking to it :p

is it Much smaller than the Army Sleeping system?? thats what ive got atm my dads old one.. its warm but V big..

P@ul

Forager
Jan 30, 2006
East Sussex
Hi, I brought the Nanok 0 'C from them a few months ago, all brand new and tagged. As all ready mentioned good kit and worth a lot more than the asking price.

Paul

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
They are superb bags, I have the -25 which is nice and toasty, only downsize is the massive pack size..
I'm sure the -10 and 0 would hopefully pack a lot smaller tho... am tempted to get one of these -10's myself .. must resist the urge!

;)

willie

Forager
Sep 25, 2004
aberdeen,scotland
www.google.com
Haha thanks alot guys emm i have a question revolving around tarps, im away to order one withing the next 10 mins. im set on the Tatonka 4x3m, i like the idea of the cotton for the Added fire resistance, but am not sure if paracord would be enough to hold it up?? also Anyone have roughly the pack size+ weight ?

Thanks alot

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thats a big old tarp - I have a 3 x 3 sil nylon one and it packs very small - sort of bag of sugar size. The cotton are poly cotton so I doubt they will be very fire resistant although more so than sil nylon. Can't help with size / weight on that model. Real paracord hold 550lbs so I suspect it will manage okay!

Giancarlo - I have the -25 and -10 and 0. Each is about half the size of the next one up if that helps?

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Oh yeah - no problem - loads of room to spare - the zero is quite a compact bag - tiny compared to the -25. We tend to mix and match though I have used the 0 over the -10 once and was probably as toasty as a -25 although two zips is a faff

Red

The Nanok -10 for £40 is a steal and well worth the money. bottom Red has said they are bulky, don't compress too well, compression sacks are complete pants and tend to split - but they are very warm. Used my -10 at -6 and was toasty all night. Side zips are a pain when compared to central zip when hammock camping.

I paid about £90 for mine a while back and thought it was good value for money so at £40 it's a no brainer IMHO.

Phil.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Yeah I paid about £60 when they first reduced them and I thought it was a bargain. Now they are practically giving them away.

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
bottom Red has said

British Red looks like you've been talking out of your bottom?!?! :lmao:

I bought a Nanok 0 from Outdoorcode a while back and it has done sterling service since then including many stints in below zero temperatures down in Brecon and the Scottish highlands, however, please note that whilst I generally sleep hot I often find that my legs get quite cold in the bag. It's quite bizarre really ...... my feet don't get cold it’s just the upper thighs and it doesn't seem to matter if the temp is -2 or +5 my thighs still get cold?!?! Obviously at -2 they are colder than at +5 ........ it's not uncomfortable just a little irritating, enough for me to wake up register that my legs are cold and then struggle a little at getting back to sleep again (all of about 2 mins struggling!).

I suspect that this has something to do with the size of the bag ..... as its designed to fit around the -10 it makes for a huge bag! I'm a 6ft, 14stone and wide shouldered individual and the 0 degree bag is more than enough to accommodate me ..... so much so that I think my body is struggling to heat up the dead space around the baggy leg area, hence the chill.

In light of this I ordered a couple (one for me and one for a friend) of -10s from Genuine Army Surplus late on Monday and they arrived at the crack of dawn on Wednesday (basically next day delivery) ...... outstanding service. And for around £42.50 per bag (£40 per bag and as I bought 2 bags the £5.95 delivery was split)!! Great value!

Of course as soon as they arrived it was spread out on the living room floor and I was in it before Ray Mears could say “No more Witchetty grubs for me, I’m stuffed”! The -10 is a much more "snug" fit with very little dead space ..... seems to be the ideal fit for me. I'm giving it a whirl this weekend so will put it through its paces. If you're going to get just one bag then I'd suggest the -10 rather than the 0. I don't regret buying the 0 as I'm sure it will do me just fine on Scottish summer days and combined with the -10 I now have sleeping system that will take me from 0 down to -20 ...... more than enough for this country! However, I suspect I'll be using the -10 a lot more than the 0.

P.S. I also had fantastic service form Andy at Outdoorcode who supplied the 0 degree bag.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Yeah people have complained that the 0 is quite big and should have baffles. Maybe theres a way you could improvise, tighten up the bag by securing it with a webbing belt somehow?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE