Knife Making Video

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Outdoorsman

Feb 24, 2007
Wiltshire
Greenpete said:
All I can say (as I do at the beginning of my video), this is the way 'I' make a knife, it works and I have made many good knives. Not necessarily the best knives but 'good' knives.
You must go with how you feel happiest!
Read everything you can find and then blend all the information in a way that makes sense to you.

Hope that helps?

many thanks pete. It seems to work for you, so I think I'll save some effort and put the edge on first.

Greenpete

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2004
Oxfordshire
www.greenpete.co.uk
Thanks guys!

I'd be interested to know from anyone that has downloaded the .avi file if it works! I have one person say it wouldn't play for them.
I have double and triple checked the original file that I seeded with and it works for me.
Peter

Greenpete

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2004
Oxfordshire
www.greenpete.co.uk
I have reason to think that the BitTorrent download of my video has been corrupted somewhere along the line but only one person has reported that to me.
Has anyone on BCUK downloaded it via BitTorrent and managed to play it ok?
Again thanks for all the positive comments about the video generally!

delbach

Settler
May 21, 2005
N Wales
I recived a dvd of the knife making from Greenpete this morning ,and i must say it is well worth a look,i really enjoyed it.
Cheers Andrew

Greenpete

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2004
Oxfordshire
www.greenpete.co.uk
delbach said:
I recived a dvd of the knife making from Greenpete this morning ,and i must say it is well worth a look,i really enjoyed it.
Cheers Andrew
Great, glad you got it ok and you're finding it enjoyable!
As you will see if you read the credits at the end, I am happy for people to copy the video and give it away to friends etc!

I have setup a torrent for an image file of the DVD
You can get the torrent file DVD iso download , or on my Knife Making Page .
Thank you Nightwalker for seeding it!
Lets hope this works ok!
:)

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
GreenPete it's an honour!

I found your vid very inspirational, having just finished a blacksmithing foundation course and hoping to do the intermediate course in September when we'll finally get to make some tools including knives and have a go at damascus.

Do you do much forging, and if so what do you use as an anvil?

Nice work

Pib

Greenpete

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2004
Oxfordshire
www.greenpete.co.uk
GreenPete it's an honour!

I found your vid very inspirational, having just finished a blacksmithing foundation course and hoping to do the intermediate course in September when we'll finally get to make some tools including knives and have a go at damascus.

Do you do much forging, and if so what do you use as an anvil?

Nice work

Pib
Thank you!
No I don't do any forging.
I simply made a knife like the one that Ray Mears had just shown me on a course back in 1995 because he said there was nowhere I could buy one at the time.
I went home and researched it and made one with the help of a black smith and then over time was asked by others how I did it.
So I did the website and now the video!
I am getting some great feed back too, it's great that I can help people, I'm so pleased people like it!
Thanks. :)

Greenpete

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2004
Oxfordshire
www.greenpete.co.uk
Hi folks, I thought I would resurrect this thread to tell you about my old knife making video's face lift!
The video is the same but the DVD is re-authored, so now it's got menus chapters and screen selection.
The latter I hope will make it easier to use as a reference video, i.e. you can be in middle of making your knife and need to find something out and just jump right to the place you want on the DVD (assuming your not in the woods!.. Mind you even then you might).
There's also cover and disc labels and as before it's FREE!!!
Nightwalker and a friend of his (Steve, not sure if he frequents this forum) have kindly offered to help seed the torrent to get it going.
Cheers, Peter :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE