Tengu Learns the Hard Way

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
About using a blunt knife.

I managed to jab myself in the eye with it. Fortunatley it will heal and I will learn my lesson....

---------------------------------------------------

While I am at it, could I urge all members to make sure they have kept up with their tetanus jabs?

We all deal in mucky thing, after all

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Great scot, what a disaster. Could have been very nasty from what you say but I'm glad it will heal OK. :rolleyes: Should you change your Avatar?

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I had it checked by the hospital, dont worry.

I was cutting tape by slicing upwards, and I had to pull too hard.

It wasnt painful but its certainly sore (particularly after the doctor poked it)

Your right, I dont look like my avatar any more.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
That does sound blumming painful. :(

janiepopps said:
Thank goodness it was a blunt one... coulda been a whole lot worse.

Hope its better soon
j

Your definatley right there Janie...But it probably woulnd't have happened if it had been sharp.

I have to say...I think this thread puts an end to the argument..."which is more dangerous a blunt knife or a sharp one" :lmao:

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
YEOUCH!

Thats sounds painful, get well soon. Never stabbed myself in the eye with a knife before. Did shoot myself in the head with air rifle once.......

.......mates rifle with an air cylinder leak and a pellet up the barrel, it wouln't clear so i fixed the leak, put it back on the gun and stuck a small amount of air in the cylinder. Totally forgot about the barrel blockage and cocked and fired the gun, fortunately the breach was half open at the time and there was next to no air in the cylinder. The pellet left the barrel, bounced of the corner of an open door and smacked me fair and square above the eye. No damage just a small bruise and a very red face. :lmao:

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
What did you learn - not to use a blunt knife or not to poke yourself in the eye with a knife ;)
I must admit I haven't done that one yet.

mrostov

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Texas
You should be carefulk about that. When I was a kid they drummed into my head to never cut towards oneself, always cut away.

Naturalist John Muir, founder of the Sierra Club, only had one functioning eye due to a similar accident with a file.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
andyn said:
That does sound blumming painful. :(

Your definatley right there Janie...But it probably woulnd't have happened if it had been sharp.

I have to say...I think this thread puts an end to the argument..."which is more dangerous a blunt knife or a sharp one" :lmao:
Yep definetly ends the argument about which knife is the most dangerous, the one stuck in your eye wins every time! :yelrotflm
Hows it healing now, no problems?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE