On ebay now, just bought one

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

P@ul

Forager
Jan 30, 2006
East Sussex
What are you getting for you money? Looks to me as if its the tripod + hanging grill, but I could be wrong.

Paul

saffy

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
UK
P@ul said:
What are you getting for you money? Looks to me as if its the tripod + hanging grill, but I could be wrong.

Paul

Has a double use for a game of swing ball.

Bearclaw

Jan 9, 2007
Bedfordshire
Silverback said:
Are the legs sectional you could damn near sling a tarp round that and sleep in it :D

No i think they are one piece, :dunno: but thats an idea, cook me dinner, the grill then becomes a warm hammock, after i've thrown a tarp over the legs i'm sorted. An all in one eating, sleeping and living device.

You'll all want one soon, and then the mockers will be mocked, mark my words. Mwahahahahahahah!!!!!....cough...cough. :( :cussing:

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Bearclaw said:
No i think they are one piece, :dunno: but thats an idea, cook me dinner, the grill then becomes a warm hammock, after i've thrown a tarp over the legs i'm sorted. An all in one eating, sleeping and living device.

You'll all want one soon, and then the mockers will be mocked, mark my words. Mwahahahahahahah!!!!!....cough...cough. :( :cussing:
I have an old tea bag if you want it mate £2.99 inc P&P only used once snigger snigger :D - Seriously though mate it looks like a nice bit of well priced kit and I doubt there will be many that would turn a sausage or rasher away that was cooked on it ;)

janiepopps

Nomad
Jan 30, 2006
Heavenly Cornwall
Ignore them Bearclaw, theyre just jealous :D

I have seen these on the US ebay site and think theyre a great idea. Was planning to ask my friendly local blacksmith to copy the design, but he has sadly had a heart attack and retired... :(

Let us know how you get on with it please.

j

Bearclaw

Jan 9, 2007
Bedfordshire
Dexter said:
Great find! Looks overly tall to me though. Personally I'd hacksaw a bit off of those legs. Would weigh less and you could just make a smaller fire to compensate.

I'm going to have a fiddle with it, we have a fire pit in the back garden and i also want it for when i'm trading at the re-enactment do's for evenings etc.

Bearclaw

Jan 9, 2007
Bedfordshire
OK, arrived today, adn it all collapses down, the tripod legs all click into each other and the connecting chain and hooks fit ina small bag, the biggest bit is the grill but could easily be attached to a backpack.
And it is all very light, probably adds less than 2lb to your kit.

So there :twak: :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE