Fisherman's Friend tins

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
77bec099c76f62c64d0323eeb7ea034a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mark Baigent
Is it a german ship?

Looks a bit like our old flag.
Hiya

Fisherman's friends are made in a place named Fleetwood, Lancashire, North west England. They are lozenges originally used by trawler men (fishernen) for easing sore throats and making breathing easier when people have a cold etc.
The ship is based on the local trawlers. The lozenges are now sold in small packets and there are nine flavours, the Aniseed are my favorite.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Anis?

I will have a look at the next gasoline station an try that.
The original ones remembered me to much to compressed rabbit sh...

;0)

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Ah! Fishermen's friends. Reminds me of being given a small brown tablet after being asked if I smoked...if you know what I mean. Being a bit innocent I replied only occasionally meaning I only had the odd ciggie. I was then handed one of these.. but not being a "smoker" I assumed it was a bit of something else and panicking I put it in my boot. I hitched for 5 days across France and crossed the channel afraid to take off my footwear in case this thing was discovered. Total paranoia!
Getting back to Dover late at night decided to wait till morning to journey on homeward. Met a young man who was doing the same... hippy type. Asked me if I had anything to "smoke". Seeing my chance to rid myself of this lump burning a hole in my foot with guilt I popped into a loo, extracted the thing from my boot and returning gave it to him.
His face looked initially puzzled then broke into a grin. He asked me if I knew what it was... I said no... Guess he replied. So I trawled my memory and came up with red? No. Leb? No. Accapulco gold? No? Give up.

It's a fishermen's friend he says!

Me.. I feel 1 inch high with embarrassment! ...... and relief! Gave us all a laugh at my expense though. This is an extremely truncated version of the story but
I cannot hear the words Fishermen's friends without this memory popping up. I still have a good giggle at my innocence and stupidity.

Reactions: Mark Baigent

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE