Free Fire Ebook - Need Feedback!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ben Gordon

Dec 9, 2019
Wisconsin
I'm a long-time camp counselor, and trying my hand at writing. Just wrote my very first book, now available on the Amazon Kindle Book Store (you don't need an e-reader, PC and phone work too!)!

This is a wilderness fire-making skills book, a quick read at about 35 pages. If you have Kindle Unlimited, it's yours free, and if you're interested but can't swing it, PM me and I'll send you a copy for free.

I'm really just trying to get honest feedback on how to make it better, but reviews help a ton too!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0829H7GVT/

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jasonb

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Hello Ben,

Welcome to the forum. I approved your post, albeit with a little editing, but you should read the following, section 8, regarding advertising. It was approved only because you are asking for feedback and offering the work for free in order to receive it.
https://bushcraftuk.com/community/index.php?threads/general-community-rules-and-guidelines.45/

You need a few more posts on the forum for the PM function to work.

I am sure that some of the moderator staff would be interested and could provide good feedback. You could contact the site Admin and send them a copy to be shared.

Best Regards

Chris

Reactions: ptr10001

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I looked at the Table of Contents.
Anybody with 3 or fewer overnight trips in the forest with an open fire needs to take this along.

Feedback: Don't edit this so much that it looks like the first draft again.
Keep it very slim as a field instruction guide for fire making experiments.
If worst comes to worst, even the book will make good tinder!

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
OK, I've quickly flipped through it (it's only 99p in the UK folks) and it certainly contains all the necessary basics (and more) IMO. However, there were a number of places where I only understood what was being described because I have used the techniques - there were many places where a small line-drawing would have helped a great deal especially for anyone starting out in this field. I'll go through it in more detail at some time :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE