Recommend: Handmade leather belt for my father in law for Xmas.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Yo, I'm looking for a high quality handmade leather belt as a present for my father in law. Brown thick leather in a traditional style with a decent brass buckle would be perfect. But I don't know where to buy one and I don't know who the leather guys are on here any more..

Any recommendations? My budget is about £50.

Cheers

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
I make leather things, but I’d suggest asking Hamish of Pictavia Leather. He makes outstanding leather items, but you should PM him to see what he could do for you. His username is Dreadhead.

Nativewood

Forager
Feb 9, 2015
Caledonia
I make a few, really solid belts albeit on the rustic side but wouldnt manage one in time for Christmas, alas. A few health issues are preventing me from getting the most out of the limited skills I have.

Here's a couple of older ones:

6263037594_85520e65dc_z.jpg

6263037420_2d03f7dfd6_o.jpg

There's plenty more skilled and faster working makers on here but hey, I like to share...

Those Picatavia ones look fabulous so I'd go there if I were you, sir.

Nativewood

Forager
Feb 9, 2015
Caledonia
Sorry for adding more to this thread but those leather braces are just fantastic! I wish I could make such a wonderful, solid and practical item. If I may make so bold, where do you get your leather @Dreadhead ?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I can really recommend Dougster of this parish, his prices are very good and his quality of workmanship is second to none.

You can also find him over on Instagram @outsideandleather.

The only problem you could have with any bespoke hand made item is you might not be able to find a craftsman able to supply you this close to Christmas as they tend to get lots of orders in around this time. It's best to put your order in really early to avoid dissappoint in the future

Last edited:
Reactions: Nativewood

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE