Hello from the Western Isles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Anvil11

Nov 14, 2019
Highlands
Dear all,

Just wanted to say if your ever thinking of coming up to the Isle of Lewis do drop in, the kettles on and you'd be made really welcome.

We are crofters and passionate about sustainable living and of course Bushcrafting.

Lastly, I would genuinely be interested in attending any events in Scotland.

Everyday should be a school day, I just want to learn more from like-minded others...

Best wishes

Anvil11

Reactions: Nomad64 and bopdude

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Hi, seems I know a few people from up that way, one on Uist and another who I think (been a long time since I contacted her) does guided walks on Lewis.

Anvil11

Nov 14, 2019
Highlands
Welcome.

The climate in South East of England might be a bit different from the Western Isles but the English Country Life self-sufficiency and smallholding utube series by British Red from this forum might be of interest.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCGzRPk4-weg4odbYNCjujJA
Welcome.

The climate in South East of England might be a bit different from the Western Isles but the English Country Life self-sufficiency and smallholding utube series by British Red from this forum might be of interest.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCGzRPk4-weg4odbYNCjujJA

For sure we get some really epic gale force events, however everyday should be a school day!

It's sometimes the little top tips that can make a huge difference to us up here.

I will take a look, I'm obliged to you for taking the time.

Kind regards from N58°

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Hi...

Yes indeed, I know this strong, humble and stoic lady too!
That was a very specific answer to a fairly vague comment.
If its the one I'm thinking about she used to drive a library or was a district nurse? Can't remember which, possibly both.
The other person from that way I know drives a mobile bank van.

Anvil11

Nov 14, 2019
Highlands
I'm absolutely sure we know the same person...The lady I mentioned earlier also works in the local health profession.

As for bank van man/lady, I have no idea.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Welcome :)
We toured Lewis, Harris, Uist and Bara years ago and I'm desperate to come up again soon - some of the scenery is out of this world and many of the beaches unbelievably beautiful.

Reactions: Anvil11

Anvil11

Nov 14, 2019
Highlands
I know I am biased but it is truly a stunning locality within the UK.

Thank you for the welcome.

So true, the beaches are world class!

Further, we have hundreds of small islands that can be accessed via canoe or small boat. Plenty more to explore!

The legal right to roam is given to all in Scotland, if you ever come back do come and look us up. More than happy to share locations and good times around our fire pit.

All the very best...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE