Lacking outdoor skills

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
, I, and others are sick of the moronic political nausea that is polluting otherwise good natured forums. Starting off a thread with, "Absolutely not taking any side now" and then slowly steering it into the gutter with comments about benefits scroungers, and families that live in council estates is typical of what is degenerating many previously well mannered forums around the net. It is always one, or perhaps two that start the ball rolling. Instead of rattling the keyboards, where none of the targeted audience are likely to be anyway, the authors of such nonsense should get out into the environment they seem to despise, and put forward their critique. The response will be totally different, and well they know this.

Well said :beerchug:

Reactions: Woody girl

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
So sorry to insult you . The fact that I have found some remarks insulting and hurtful to my sensibilities and not called whoever did it names gives you the right to call me names. Honestly ! grow up!
I have done my research on cayman and I never said you didn't pay tax. It is a worldwide and well known fact that cayman is a tax haven. You need a lot of money to be able to move out there and you need to prove that any job you take cannot be filled by a local and have an offer of work before you go.
I'm only trying to have a reasoned conversation and try to put right some misconceptions. It seems that is not possible. You have alreany tried to turn the subject onto something less controversial and it didn't work. You opened the can... eat the worms!

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
You did not insult me.
Deekin, the comment I made about Council Estates was a twist on the 'middle class 4x4 driving' whatever.

You did not like my comment, I assume you did not like the other one either?

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Well I'm glad to get to my age to be called sexist (twice) and xenophobic for the first time in my life ever, in one day..
Of course I made a mistake. . That's not name calling is it????????
By the way two of my good friends here where I live are from South Africa one white and, and the other (black ) from Nigeria. I also have a German lady as a good friend. Very xenophobic aren't I?
Oh and I find it hysterical after the sexism I've suffered over the years from men counts for nowt but saying that a group of men attacking another ( for any reason) is macho behaviour is sexist.? What you taking... I'd like some! I'm obviously well out of step with reality!

Last edited:

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I think one case of pulling off a train does not make it everyone. To counter that one case I raise you with secondary ER protests around the country and others in the more democratic and free nations of the world.

I'm sure you know it's illegal for more than one person to gather to protest in Russia. It's why whenever someone does protest they often get joined by someone unconnected to them. That allows the authorities to arrest them. The second person just disappears because they're pro government stooges who've done their job.

You have to be free to be able to protest.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Another one of those great unwashed. Out to destroy our society while sponging off the state. They want locking up!

Seriously, who actually "wants" to be locked up? You do hear that phrase but I really can't imagine many wanting it. Any other similar phrases needing correction?
It might surprise you how many want to be locked up. At least subconsciously. Probably not among these protesters though. Rather it’s common for me inmates and mental patients (in confined mantas care) to become institutionalized and be unable to function on their own.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I think it's time we put this thread to bed.
If people want to be scathing and intolerant towards others just because they have a different perspective on things then sadly it's gone realy wrong somewhere. :(

Bootfox

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2019
Scotland
I think one case of pulling off a train does not make it everyone. To counter that one case I raise you with secondary ER protests around the country and others in the more democratic and free nations of the world.

I'm sure you know it's illegal for more than one person to gather to protest in Russia. It's why whenever someone does protest they often get joined by someone unconnected to them. That allows the authorities to arrest them. The second person just disappears because they're pro government stooges who've done their job.

You have to be free to be able to protest.

Totally and 100% agree. And I would die for your right to free speech and your right to express yourself, no matter how offensive.

However when that protest affects others safety, livelihoods and wellbeing, it needs to be dealt with. And not to mention the safety of the protestors.

The right to freedom of expression is just that, it’s not the right to mess with peoples lives. You want to protest/March/rally/sit in a circle and sing “kumbaya” feel free, but you do it through the legal channels, follow legislation and don’t mess or endanger other people’s lives.

The emergency services have better things to be doing than dealing with these idiots.

Reactions: Janne

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Please elaborate. I like to think I backed up my opinions with appropriate evidence and good arguments.

It’s about having an open mind, but not so open, that your brains fall out.

Evidence!?
The Sun, The Telegraph, and The Express!?
Open minded enough to move from one piece of right wing agitprop to another but not quite open minded enough to be open minded.
Whatever.

Bootfox

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2019
Scotland
Evidence!?
The Sun, The Telegraph, and The Express!?
Open minded enough to move from one piece of right wing agitprop to another but not quite open minded enough to be open minded.
Whatever.

Haha! None of those are right wing, but ok, if you say so. Next you will be telling me the BBC is impartial...

They are mainstream media, I don’t read any of those, nor newspapers, but we have this thing called “google” where you can find information.

I am very open minded towards being a good steward of the planet, however I like my theory’s to have a little fact in them. I don’t believe in people trying to bully me without proper attention to facts and details, nor do I believe in cult groups trying to disrupt people’s lives, waste emergency service time and resources and ultimately cause trouble to people’s lives. And putting themselves at risk.

I have provided various links and backed up my arguments with sound reasoning. And rebutted all counter arguments made to me with sound reasoning and engaged in good debate.
You seem to be stuck on the old response of “yea but you’re racist/sexist/bigoted/wrong just because”.

Feel free to look through my posts and bring me some actual counter points, I will read them with enthusiasm. At least @Paul_B gave a good solid response and argument.

Reactions: santaman2000

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Peterson - more right wing stupidity from you:
https://www.theguardian.com/science...he-rightwing-professor-who-hit-a-hornets-nest

Remember to be 'open minded' (even a little bit) requires you to at least look at different points of view. As I said (based on the links you've provided so far) you just seem to jump from one right wing source to another.
Not open minded at all.

6a00d83452403c69e201b8d1804fac970c-800wi

Reactions: Bootfox

Bootfox

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2019
Scotland
Peterson - more right wing stupidity from you:
https://www.theguardian.com/science...he-rightwing-professor-who-hit-a-hornets-nest

Remember to be 'open minded' (even a little bit) requires you to at least look at different points of view. As I said (based on the links you've provided so far) you just seem to jump from one right wing source to another.
Not open minded at all.

6a00d83452403c69e201b8d1804fac970c-800wi

You realise that Jordan Peterson isn’t a Right winger? The fact you have even suggested that complete destroys your own argument, and you are hoisted by your own petard.

I have looked at other points of view, I have countered all arguments to me and I have taken into consideration the arguments and rebuttals, and debated and I have countered all of them.
Go through my posts and point out where you think I am wrong, and I will counter it.

The funny thing is, we haven’t been arguing. I have given opinions, evidence and reasoning for you to fall to the typical “your wrong just because” can you not see the irony in your own posts, which have a complete lack of any substance of a debate. Just a typical lefty lack of argument and results in insults instead substance.

Perhaps you should open your mind and not base your opinion on a professional clinical psychologist from a newspaper/mainstream media outlet.

Last edited:

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
I think it's time we put this thread to bed.
If people want to be scathing and intolerant towards others just because they have a different perspective on things then sadly it's gone realy wrong somewhere. :(

Looks like the Genie is well out of the bottle I'm afraid.:)

Bootfox

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2019
Scotland
Yes, but it's on the radio, television, Twitter, Facebook, media 24/7, I can't even escape the debate at a bus stop. I sort of thought here might be an escape, but no.

Debate is different from an argument...

Could be worse, we could be discussing Brexit...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE