Starting a new job!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Well - after many years as a Support Worker for people with learning disability I am starting a new job.
I will now be working at Castell Henllys as taking School Groups around the site, helping inturpret the site and Iron Age life for them - and also staffing Events and running Bushcraft Sessions in the summer.
I finished at the Care Farm before the summer holiday season and have been running Bushcraft events and selling my craftwork since then (some of this being at Castell Henllys) but I am looking forward to working at the hillfort on a more regular basis and working with the school groups :)
I will be working in Iron Age costume so get to dress up as well :)
P5060019.JPG
I am upgrading my costume to include winter wear at the moment!

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Great news John. Rare in life do we get to combine our jobs with our interests in such a way. I wish you the very best of luck in the future.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
That's good. Time to Google where it is. Perhaps a visit one day. Seems a place I'd like to check out.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I love the outfit. That spear should prevent a few discipline problems with school parties.

I was told once that the secret to a happy life is to find something you like doing and then get someone to pay you for doing it. I reckon you've cracked it.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I was told once that the secret to a happy life is to find something you like doing and then get someone to pay you for doing it. I reckon you've cracked it.
That's why I'm on the internet so often instead of working! Benefits of a hideyhole office.:)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I love the outfit. That spear should prevent a few discipline problems with school parties.

I have followed that advice for all my life:)
Well - after 1 year as a computer programmer, that is it as work as misery!
I have been an Outdoor Skills Instructor, Outdoor Journalist, Outdoor Clothing Designer, Walks and Cycling books author, Canoe Coach, Expedition Leader, Support Worker, Clothing manufacturer (maternity wear and outdoor clothing) Craftworker, Extra for TV and Film work, and Bushcraft Instructor - all of which I enjoyed ... and also builders labourer, sewing machinist,, Racker and Stacker in a clothing factory - which I hated so did not stay at for long :)
Some I gave up as the body gave up on them, some because they got "Old" and the new stuff looked more fun, some I still do at a reduced level.
I have never been rich, never will be rich ... if you only count riches in pound coins....
As to weaponry - I also have a 60" La Tene style sword and a live 4" belt knife, sling and ax.....
I was on site today selling crafts and teaching Flint and Steel and made 3 times what I would have in one day in Care work... and had lots of laughs too, met old friends, made new ones, could show off no end... and they call it work!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE