Fakespot.com

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
No idea if anyone is using this, but it does what it says, spots fake online reviews and adjusts the star reviews accordingly. It doesn’t give info on individual reviews, and concentrates on big sites like Amazon and Tripadvisor. Respect to the developers for doing it, I can almost hear the seals and gaskets popping if they started to analyse eBay. :D

Give it a try with an Amazon link.

https://www.fakespot.com/

Reactions: Kepis

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
No idea if anyone is using this, but it does what it says, spots fake online reviews and adjusts the star reviews accordingly. It doesn’t give info on individual reviews, and concentrates on big sites like Amazon and Tripadvisor. Respect to the developers for doing it, I can almost hear the seals and gaskets popping if they started to analyse eBay. :D

Give it a try with an Amazon link.

https://www.fakespot.com/

Thanks for the link.

I do spend a fair bit if time researching online purchases and read the reviews with a healthy degree of scepticism.

What annoys me even more than the obviously fake reviews are the cretins on @mazon etc who post reviews that are worse than useless; “3/5 haven’t opened the box yet but arrived on time”, “5/5 haven’t opened the box but it looks great”, “1/5 the widget I ordered was 2 metres long as described but was too big for the 1 metre space I wanted it to fill”!

Or answer sensible questions with “Sorry I don’t know because I haven’t opened the box yet”!

With a recent @mazon order, I got what looked like an £10 voucher - on closer inspection, to get a voucher, I had to leave a positive review, take a screenshot of it and email it to the vendor! :(

Sadly Tim Berners-Lee’s gift to the world has not made us better or smarter people, just given us a bigger stage on which to demonstrate our stupidity and opportunities to part the gullible from their hard earned.

Must dash, I’ve got a whole load of emails with cracking financial offers and from beautiful ladies wanting to meet me to reply to! :)

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Mind you, if you do buy something from Amazon or wherever you are often asked to provide a review shortly afterwards, so I can see that some people might feel obliged to add a comment without much/any chance to develop an opinion - maybe other than on the service they received from the vendor - eg it arrived quickly or whatever. I do however enjoy reading the reviews from daft people who buy the wrong thing then moan about it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE