Everyday carry.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
Remember the old village Bobby ? A whistle, set of cuffs, notebook and pencil, and a truncheon. Now police on the beat, and traffic wardens are lumbered with an ever increasing burden of "edc". Where did this start ? I'm two miles from home, and apart from my clothes, I have a watch and my wallet. On my journey earlier, I did not see any road signs in need of repair, fence wire requiring cut and re-routed or women in distress needing saved, or kittens helped down from high tree tops. Apparently the "man" with the most EDC is the "go to guy". Save me please.

This is all tongue in cheek (obviously) but this has become something of a mass marketing EDC tool, with lists online under the heading of "EDC essentials ". I don't know how many "leatherman" things I have been gifted over the years (with the best intentions) but they are all lurking in drawers unused, because I really can't be bothered to look for a reason to use them. And what does a "tactical" pen do that a BIC biro ten pack out of the pound shop cant.

Here's a couple of links,
https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/beginners-guide-to-edc/

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/wjm4yn/the-website-that-took-over-mens-media-v26n1

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
The EDC market may be aimed at police officers, special forces and secret squirrel types but their main buyers may not actually be the above.
I’ve yet to see a police officer with a tactical pen, why? Because the grief you’d get from your colleagues wouldn’t be worth it.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I e spent a fortune on gadgety goodness over the years, most of it unused. The split pea brass lighter and copper Maratac AAA on my keys excepted. My keychain (as the Americans like to call it) got so loaded with stuff it would hardly fit in a pocket. I confess to loving EDC gear.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Me too.

I regularly carry a Victorinox Climber or Compact, a Bic mini lighter, a mobile phone with offline maps with charger and cable, a well filled wallet and a package of cigarettes with me.

Most situations I was able to manage in the last years...

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Men love gadgets simple

A leatherman is very useful to me though and gets used a lot...depends on your lifestyle I guess

A tactical pen I believe is meant for stabbing folks in the eye balls

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
A tactical pen I believe is meant for stabbing folks in the eye balls

nice ! :aargh:

I got drawn in with the "necessity" to own one. Something shaped like a anti aircraft shell. Absolutely horrible to use as a writing instrument, one of the torx screws that held the clip sheared, and I ended up binning it. Came with a whole load of hype about what it was made out of as well. Best thing is an ordinary pencil really. The small ones you use for ordering stuff in Argos are excellent.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
nice ! :aargh:

I got drawn in with the "necessity" to own one. Something shaped like a anti aircraft shell. Absolutely horrible to use as a writing instrument, one of the torx screws that held the clip sheared, and I ended up binning it. Came with a whole load of hype about what it was made out of as well. Best thing is an ordinary pencil really. The small ones you use for ordering stuff in Argos are excellent.

I look forward to your YouTube review of the Argos pencil and how many repetitive eye ball stabs it's capable of without losing its point.....and of course how it does at battoning firewood

Reactions: ProjeKtWEREWOLF

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
I look forward to your YouTube review of the Argos pencil and how many repetitive eye ball stabs it's capable of without losing its point.....and of course how it does at battoning firewood

:beerchug:. :dancer: I adopt a strictly non aggression policy. :rofl:

here's a man with some EDC gloves.

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Torch, pen knife and phone covers most things and I get put on first aid courses a lot, so did get a pair of raptors which will chew through things better than the shears in first aid kits, I did have a multi tool thing, used it a bit mainly the knife!

Reactions: ProjeKtWEREWOLF

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
My “EDC” hasn’t changed a whole lot during my life. I suppose it’s “evolved” as I grew up. The first item was enoug change to buy a snack during recess in the 1st grade. The next two items I started carrying everyday were a wallet and a wristwatch back around the 3rd or 4th grade. A pocketknife later during those same years.

When I turned 15 I carried all the age appropriate documentation in my wallet (Social Security card, Drivers’ License, et.) and my car keys (we never locked the house during the day so I didn”t need a house key until after I’d enlisted and left home) In high school I added a pocket comb. Also in my teenage years I pretty much always carried an obligatory condom(only used once)

Somewhere over the years I’ve added my meds and a handgun as well as sunglasses and much more documentation (hunting/fishing licenses, membership cards, credit cards, military and retiree ID cards, etc.) and while I was still working, my sheriff’s/corrections officer’s badges. I carried a leatherman when I was still working aircraft maintenance and used it regularly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Billy-o

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I'm two miles from home, and apart from my clothes, I have a watch and my wallet.

I hardly ever wear a watch these days, only when I'm sea fishing and need to know the time for the tide.

What I need is an EDC draw, somewhere to stash stuff that I only need to take when I'm doing something specific - so I can take only the necessary items on a specific trip and not then loose the ones I don't always take!

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
My actual edc is just a knife. Mostly I can't go half a day without needing one. Usually several times a day

Work knife is a cheap lockback folder that takes Stanley blades non work knives could be anything but usually a leatherman plus I've just got a higonokami knife that fits perfectly in the ticket pocket of my jeans so that's going everywhere with me now

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
I hardly ever wear a watch these days, only when I'm sea fishing and need to know the time for the tide.

What I need is an EDC draw, somewhere to stash stuff that I only need to take when I'm doing something specific - so I can take only the necessary items on a specific trip and not then loose the ones I don't always take!

personally I think what you take with you depends on what you really need as opposed to what you think you need. I was away last week, packed in a hurry without paying attention, and ended up carrying around double what I really needed. Lesson learned.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE