Carts.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
I got rid of the car over a year ago, and don't really miss it. Most of the time, anything I need can be carried on my back but on the days I want to carry more, I began to think of some form of cart, one that can be carried on the bus or train, folded if necessary. Now I could make one, but can't be bothered, so a look around the charity shops reveals any amount of donor "vehicle" starting at £5. Golf trolleys, and children's push chairs.
disc-golf-cart-jogger-stroller.jpg

images

images

I'm going to go for the golf trolley option, and use a large drybag, that way it can fold without the need to remove anything.

Reactions: zornt

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I inherited an electric golf trolley with an 18 hole battery from my father in law. I haven’t used it yet, but I’ve strapped a fully loaded Lowe Alpine Sting on it and it fits perfectly. Having had one hip replaced and the other giving up on me and painful, I think it’s the only way I’m going to be doing any walk-ins this year.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I use my 4 wheeled shopping trolly. I think the make is sholly. It's brilliant. Easy to get on and off buses and trains. Nobody looks twice. I can take a 4 man tent and double airbed camping chair and fold up table which I could not manage otherwise with just a ruck. It gives me greater stability as I normaly use a stick to walk with. Not so easy "off road" but as the saying goes swings and roundabouts. I can still get most places with a smaller effort than if I just had a ruck. I'm bussing to a small festival in June like this. There is a short walk from the bus to site which I will manage with relative ease instead of struggling. I can still enjoy myself instead of being stuck at home wishing.

Reactions: Robson Valley

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
This one ?
sholley-deluxe-with-blue-check-bag-2.jpg

Yes that's about it. Mine is older and more knackered but it does the job perfectly for me! :) mine has a metal cage on the outside so great for clipping the odd thing to aswell. Plus you can slip a small ruck or bag onto the handles and a kitbag can sit on top. Guess I have well over 180 litres of packable space if needed. Try carrying that!
Quite good for stealth camping as no one expects a lady with a shopping trolly to be a fully kitted Bushcrafter :) give a whole new meaning to the grey man ( or in my case grey woman)

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I might need that plan. Very clever disguise. How sly. I like the big wheels = less rolling resistance.
That push-chair frame must have cost a small fortune as new.

A 5x4 view camera on a big wooden tripod, white hair and a dark cloth is an equally good ruse.
I can go anywhere and I'm never disturbed. Everyone indulges the geezer.

Reactions: GuestD

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
My trolly was £5 at a boot sale. They cost a fortune new but me being budget conscious saw the prospect instantly. Recycled multi use tool as I also use it for wood collecting and shopping. I use instead of a suitcase if I go stay with friends. No end of uses. I've even fetched two 25kg bags of coal in it before now.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
A local charity shop had about 20 buggies they couldn't get rid of. Some of them had 20" wheels with ball bearings hubs. I wasn't quick.enough. Bah.

20" wheelchair wheels with " no flat " tyres can be had cheap enough if you shop around.
HTB1YbhVQb2pK1RjSZFsq6yNlXXaC.jpg

Reactions: tiger stacker

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Must admit I was on the lookout for one of those all terrain pushchairs at the time but they are quite heavy and not so grey. Kit is on view to all and sundry and could be pilfered... yes I'm a suspicious sort of person..... this way nobody can see what I'm hauling and who wants to steal an old ladies shopping trolly ? :) :) :)

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I inherited an electric golf trolley with an 18 hole battery from my father in law. I haven’t used it yet, but I’ve strapped a fully loaded Lowe Alpine Sting on it and it fits perfectly. Having had one hip replaced and the other giving up on me and painful, I think it’s the only way I’m going to be doing any walk-ins this year.
I built a racing ‘golf cart’ a couple of years ago. Great fun!!
Off road capable.
For sale now.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Get an old ( or stolen) Waitrose trolley, make and attach two axels with large tyre pedal bike wheels on.

( any trolley will do, but it is nice to be posh from time to time, no?)

Last edited:

Clayze

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2018
West Sussex
For those with the DIY skills, tools and the space available give magnet fishing a bash!
In the right areas you'd be likely to find trolleys, wheels of all shapes and sizes in various stages of decay;)

I've found a few useful bits and pieces although not trolley related so I shan't expand. Happily so far nothing that could go bang!

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Most canoe clubs offer the option to lock in a larger box some equipment, by the way.
I had for many years a second equipment in such a box.

That's another solution for the question behind it.

shaneh

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Colchester
Just a picture from the internet, not mine
Home made.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190507-134342_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190507-134342_Samsung Internet.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 21

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE