More Hanging in the Cairngorms

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Great piccies mate, I never realised you had a camera with you

Nice to see the tops without being shrouded in thick cloud

You have to show me that camp next time :)

Will do mate on the pitch, its a good un.

Yes, great to finally get some views of the tops. Braeriach, Ben avon and Bynack more next as I've not been up those yet. Why I chose to go up Ben Mac for the third time I don't know :lmao:

You need to see the gorms in the winter mate , it is awesome and a bonus nae midges ...

You might not have to try very hard to sell that one Gaz! :D; http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83608&highlight=cairngorms

Reactions: Robson Valley

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Nice pic of Ben Avon, (LHS with Dartmoor type torrs) I have done it after Ben Bhuird, via the Sneck. That was one feb with an MTB, the snow had gone on the path and rather than ditch the bike at the snowline, I just kept going. Lots of spots to bivvy next to rocks with a tarp.

Midges

I just keep moving or done the Headnet hat (lifesystems) or if really bad eg SKye, the full bug jacket. Although I prefer the net hat as the net does not tocuh your face. One of the best things about Arisaig beach campsites is the lack of midges.

DSCN0956.jpg

martsim73

Jul 30, 2012
Wimborne, Dorset
What a great thread! This has really got me going.... Am now eager to start my two nights in Dartmoor this weekend. Thanks for taking the time to write up and post the pictures... Awesome! :D

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Nice pic of Ben Avon, (LHS with Dartmoor type torrs) I have done it after Ben Bhuird, via the Sneck. That was one feb with an MTB, the snow had gone on the path and rather than ditch the bike at the snowline, I just kept going. Lots of spots to bivvy next to rocks with a tarp.

Midges

I just keep moving or done the Headnet hat (lifesystems) or if really bad eg SKye, the full bug jacket. Although I prefer the net hat as the net does not tocuh your face. One of the best things about Arisaig beach campsites is the lack of midges.

That sounds like a good route SJC, going up quoich, then Bheinn a Bhurd and then onto Ben Avon and down to Loch Avon and the shelter stone beach.
I'd looked at the rock stacks on Avon and thought they might offer a good overnighter. By bike sounds great.

I swapped my lifesystems net for a midgie.net one, found it had better vision. It doesn't touch my face on account of my unruly

What a great thread! This has really got me going.... Am now eager to start my two nights in Dartmoor this weekend. Thanks for taking the time to write up and post the pictures... Awesome! :D

Hope you have a good trip, Dartmoor is beautiful :)

Great pics Pete, glad the weather held out for you. Some stunning views there :)

Cheers James :)

Wish I'd have taken more pics :rolleyes:

....now I think about it, I wish I was still there..... :)

Because it's there - G Mallory 1923

Sums it up well :)

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Work is pants. The only drive to go and earn is to put some more diesel in the tank and chip up north. :rolleyes:

Theres something about the area I can't put my finger on, but I adore the place.

The midges are now a distant memory as always.

Reactions: Robson Valley

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Rich, Just reminiscing about this weekend with Snozz. Did you write up the route on your blog? Might plan to do it again in the summer with some WYB friends :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE