Question About Karrimor SF Sabre 45

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bradleybuckman

Forager
Jun 25, 2010
Kentucky, USA
I was wondering if anyone could offer a little feedback on their experience with the Karrimor SF Sabre 45, which I'm looking at it to serve a specific purpose. I have several Osprey packs, which I really like and don't see anything changing that as my choice for backpacking. But, I'm looking at the SF Sabre 45 as a pack that I can leave loaded with some of the heavier gear that I don't take backpacking, but would use for woodcraft type stuff or camping trips that would involve shorter walking distances of less than 4 miles to get to my destination and I could justify taking a little more, or heavier items. The ability to add or remove the optional side pockets seems to be a great option for my intended use.

I purchased a Snugpak Rocket a few years ago and I liked the design and versatility of having a large pack or being able to downsize a little to your needs , but I really don't care for how it carries and find it not very comfortable. My main complaint is how high the hip belt sits and doesn't really transfer any of the weight to your hips like I'm used to with my backpacking packs. I had the same issue with a Maxpedition Condor II pack that I used to have. So, my question is, does the Karrimor SF Sabre 45 hip belt actually rest on your hips and transfer the weight, and is it reasonably comfortable? Also, I'm not very tall at 5' 8".

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I'm 5'9 and found the hip belt sat a little too high for me to carry the load. I ended up moving to the Lowe Alpine Sting because it has an adjustable back system.
The Sabre is a great pack and well made but just not for me.

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
At 1m79 i find the hipbelt on the Sabre 45 pretty comfortable to be honest. In my case it transfers weight decently. Not as good as an Osprey, but better than many other packs. If you can, try it out before you buy it ;). I do find it a bit heavy in general though, so personally will be looking for another Osprey pack when i have the money, a nice exos or something like that. Good way to save over a kg.

Edit: don't get me wrong though, it's a great pack, and i wouldn't get rid of it :)
another thing to add: they have great customer support.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2017
London
Hey man,

I got the Sabre 45 L over the weekend as a bargain on Ebay. Unfortunately it didn't fit me. So I am selling it again: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262961550494?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Check out MCQbushcraft channel on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_fjUKl4B3U

He goes over the Sabre 45 and he says he is about 5'10 and fits him well for the hip support.

I myself am 6'3 and am WAY to tall. Such a shame that these packs don't come with a longer back lenght. Same issue with the Fjallraven Kaipak 38L which I tried as well.

Anyways, good luck with the kit find, I personally think the Sabre 45 L will fit you perfectly.

Hope this helped.

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE