Stupidly Simple Midge Repellant

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Ordered some of the above a few month back on here from somebody called Woodstock. I haven't been up in Scotland yet to fully test it, but let me tell you this.........
I'm sitting here in deepest rural Northumberland in my front garden, and yes, you may have guessed, totally within a cloud of midges!!! I'm sipping a drink and watch the little blighters trying to land on me and do their thing!!! However, having applied a minimal amount on legs, arms and face, I see them coming straight for me BUT VEERING off immediately on hitting the invisible 1" zone around my body. Goid stuff, works for me
No connection to seller whatsoever!

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
It has been tested in my native land "Scotland", with very good effect, we got one complaint from someone sitting on the banks of Loch Lomond fishing in evening and got bitten, you could cover your self in diesel set your self alight and they would still try to bite.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
It has been tested in my native land "Scotland", with very good effect, we got one complaint from someone sitting on the banks of Loch Lomond fishing in evening and got bitten, you could cover your self in diesel set your self alight and they would still try to bite.

Yup. Found out the other day that these little bu€€ers got me where I DIDN'T apply the stuff. I leave it to your imagination where that might be ( I did wear shorts)

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Nordic summer works well for midge magnet me. A nice smell of wood smoke when applied. Made by someone called Wilma iirc. Looks like shoe polish but goes on clear

If you don't mind the smell it works. You won't get a recipe from the maker.

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
Hey Woodstock,
Can you give me details on how to get some Stupidly simple?
I pm'd Xylaria as well. I'm not sure who the best person to contact is?
Cheers

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
I haven't been up in Scotland yet to fully test it,

I'll try that. The "west coast" midgie is a breed apart. I've always used this stuff, heavily applied before venturing out. Fragrant.

prod_1186972_1_613x613.jpg

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
@Janne

Decades ago I used in Sweden a very well working stuff called "jungle olia" or somehow like this.
Does it still exist?

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Thank you!

We compared it with Autan which works well in Germany, Italy and France, but didn't work in Sweden.

I think the Swedish midges are another Spezies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE