My picnic game is weak

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Well, I didn’t take a pic, but we had two options this evening. If things went to plan we’d be camping with the £16.97 pot belly barbecue thing, if not we would picnic in the garden with the £16.97 delivered pot belly barbecue thing. We replace these things every few years, they do well for the money.

So, rather than scrabble around trying to catch the last of the light setting up camping, we’ve settled for the garden. The potable feast that would fit either occasion was smoked salmon, bread etc, and a steak with green salad. Bottle of cold white, bottle of red.

Fillet steak was half price in Sainsburys, £3.50 each, cheaper than their rump. Bonus!

Still sat in front of the stove thingy, nice thing about these is you can take the grill off and put logs in.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I'm not a fan of the big picnic spread.
Ironically, I don't do picnics for the food - it's a chance to chill out, talk to people, go for a walk.
So for me, what I prefer, is just a few punnets of fruit - some strawberries, raspberries, grapes, and maybe a lump of cheese and some crusty bread.
Nice and simple.
I appreciate that may not suit someone with children. Though I seriously doubt going on a picnic is all about the food for children either - they probably just want to go and run around and sod about.
I don't know. My tip for a good picnic is keep it small and simple. No one's really interested in the food, not really.

My living hell would be to be faced with plates of twin-pack scotch eggs, mini sausage rolls and all that other lardy and starchy nastiness.

Reactions: Nice65

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
And it would be very boring...

I have a bucket BBQ I found thrown out (My second; perks of living on a camp site) and I load that up with scraps of wood...and to make coals, stone pine cones (common in Cornwall)

Dont catch me forking out on charcoal if I can get free fuel!

The supermarkets do very good meat deals...Butchers are even better. (Mine does a £20 meat pack which would last me a month...but how would I store it?) -Morrisons chicken and chorizo kebabs are a fave.

Best, perhaps, though, is to make your own kebabs...

I have a better dodge, though. That is to get invited to a campers BBQ. I take along a jar of my preserves to try; They cannot shoo me away then.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE