Wool Blanket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Diamond Dave

Mar 2, 2006
Ilkeston
Just recently there was a thread on here about Wool Blankets and in one of the post Mary suggested that Tombear had some wool blankets and it might be a good call if anyone was after a blanket. So I contacted Tom and he provided me with a good quality wool blanket at a great price. So thank you Mary and Tom.:)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Hello Dave :)

Nice post, always good to hear happy stuff. I got one from Endicotts a few years ago, weighs a ton but is very cosy. Mojo was love struck when he tried it for a couple of nights.

Diamond Dave

Mar 2, 2006
Ilkeston
Hello Rich..��

Yes they are excellent blankets, I had one from Endicotts as well but my son used it and took a shine to it so it went home with him. I believe they were Dutch Army ?

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cheers! Sorry I was so slow about getting it to you. Once I've pulled my finger out and done the full member thing and can sell stuff I'll put the rest of the surplus blankets on offer to get rid. I've filled that old blanket chest with my favourite dozen or so but there's about as many I just can't merit keeping. 3 I'll have to put on eBay as ones a collectors item ( a pre 1934 Army and Navy Stores single that's perfect for going in a private purchase officers bedroll and there's a pair of Witney doubles of immense thickness that were new in their 1970s cellophane when I got them. If it wasn't for their colour ( bright yellow ) I'd have kept them as the quality is amazing, it would almost be a shame to roll about in the mud in them!

A couple of these spares are slightly felted from being washed but most are pretty well minty. The charity shops are still a good source. I turned my nose up at a couple only this week as they would have been awkward to carry home and quite frankly I've enough! I'm still looking for the dark green Witney I've been after all along to match my capote.

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE