Handy Hammocks Lightweight Stand

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GadgetUK437

Forager
Aug 8, 2010
North Devon
I've been eyeing the NoGround poles for a while (convertible hiking pole).
attachment.php

attachment.php

Trekking mode adjusts from 40" to 52"; Hammock mode is fixed at 62"

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum...ekking-hammock-support-monopod)-Now-available

http://www.tiggzcraftworkz.com/TCWproducts.html

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
How about this 'Ultimate Hammock Stand' on kickstarter It's been financed so it should be going ahead...

[video]https://ksr-video.imgix.net/projects/2321432/video-647675-h264_high.mp4[/video]
That video is pretty poor. Shows me nothing about the product, how it packs down, what it packs down to, how it assembles.

I'm also struggling to believe it's lighter than the handy hammock stand.

Sent from my UMI eMAX using Tapatalk

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Yep, that one ain't gonna fit in my kayak!
I have ordered the handy hammock.....but they only post on fri/sat (bad customer service in my world) with the bank holiday coming up.... not sure when it will get here, if at all, as most of their products appear now to be out of stock. If they have stopped trading maybe I should just cancel the order (spares and repairs becoming the issue) At the time of ordering it was just the extra long pegs that were out of stock, I was going to get them at the same time for the "just in case" scenario but thought okay I can get some later.

Rob.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Yep, that one ain't gonna fit in my kayak!
I have ordered the handy hammock.....but they only post on fri/sat (bad customer service in my world) with the bank holiday coming up.... not sure when it will get here, if at all, as most of their products appear now to be out of stock. If they have stopped trading maybe I should just cancel the order (spares and repairs becoming the issue) At the time of ordering it was just the extra long pegs that were out of stock, I was going to get them at the same time for the "just in case" scenario but thought okay I can get some later.

Rob.

Email Jason - he's usually pretty good at responding jason@handyhammock.co.uk

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I'm also struggling to believe it's lighter than the handy hammock stand.
post #22
Sorry buy no way could you hike any distance with that stand. I think it looks like it is very fit for purpose but it got to where it is sited by car!

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
I'd had my eye on a HandyHammock for a while, but never took the plunge. So I was gutted when I saw that they'd gone. Thanks to the above post, I ordered one from DD Hammocks.

It comes without hammock, but otherwise it looks like the old Handy Hammock stand, and in any case I already have too many hammocks.

First experimental setup was successful, should get easier from here on.

Just curious though, are these still being made or did DD just buy up the remaining stock?

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Update to my review. The New DD version comes with different pegs. This would address my issues and make an almost perfect system just perfect.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Using them with Whoopie Slings off the hammock, what would be the best attachment method? I remember seeing the attachment (bottom right corner) being sold as an add-on back when it was Handy Hammock, is that still needed?
cad1fb0d2ce0084a55fce6df51d2796d.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Could have a whoopie sling as a fixed ridge line for the hammock but the metal rings slip over the top of the Handy hammock pole. Seems too much trouble to replace an engineered to fit part!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE