Help with vintage Robert Saunders Tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bradfordlad

Oct 17, 2017
West Yorkshire
Looking for help with this tent purchased from a local who didn't know what it was.Could this be a very rare Robert Saunders Tent ,maybe even a prototype.

No one i know has seen one and theres nothing on the web i've found to reference it against.....The tent is super light it has a one bedroom with insulated floor,two doors and loads of space inside both sides of the bedroom. Once erected its rock solid.The label says Storm Master but not found any info on said tent.

If anyone can help me identify this tent it would be appreciated.

x9pcEv9ObQWOEPez1

uQZgM7E1opsudm9q1

BZj7HWaNHiZeeVWn1

TAD3Aoq42j37Si0F3

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The tent's a bit of a blast from the past :)
Last one I saw the flysheet was so UV damaged that it shredded when the guylines were pulled taut. Looked pristine too.

M

Bradfordlad

Oct 17, 2017
West Yorkshire
Not sure what GIRLS you can see something i can't ha ha...This is what im saying about the Tent it is an original but it doesnt seem to have ever gone to market ....

Last edited:

BushBob

Tenderfoot
Nov 24, 2013
East Mids
I have a Robert Saunders tent which is very similar to that. It is the same format, but the materials are slightly different. On mine the fly sheet is made from a heavier nylon fabric. The inner is a mix of cotton and fly mesh panels. The cotton is orange.

The one I have was bought by my parents when I was about 7 or 8, so it's about 38 / 39 years old now. It has has had a lot of use over the years and is still going strong.

I think you've got a good bit of kit there.

Cheers,

Bob.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE