Tight fitting outdoor trousers for men?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Prophecy

Settler
Dec 12, 2007
Italy
montane do such gear but I'm not sure why you'd want to go down the man tights route?

I wear leggings for running, which is fairly standard these days amongst runners. Have you ever tried them? They offer much greater freedom of movement, no chafing as Janne mentioned, extremely light to pack and wear, and they're silent. Of course running leggings won't hold up to much if trekking through scrub, so they'd need to be reinforced. Such things don't seem to both exist and be in stock so a tight fitting pair of trousers would also do the trick.

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
I wear leggings for running, which is fairly standard these days amongst runners. Have you ever tried them? They offer much greater freedom of movement, no chafing as Janne mentioned, extremely light to pack and wear, and they're silent. Of course running leggings won't hold up to much if trekking through scrub, so they'd need to be reinforced. Such things don't seem to both exist and be in stock so a tight fitting pair of trousers would also do the trick.

The reason leggings work, is because they are very thin and stretchy. Any tight pair of pants which allows you the same range of motion, will get torn to shreds if trekking through shrubs. If it's stronger, it's like skinny jeans, the exact opposite of freedom of motion, good luck sitting down in one.

Prophecy

Settler
Dec 12, 2007
Italy
The reason leggings work, is because they are very thin and stretchy. Any tight pair of pants which allows you the same range of motion, will get torn to shreds if trekking through shrubs. If it's stronger, it's like skinny jeans, the exact opposite of freedom of motion, good luck sitting down in one.

Yes you would need reinforced areas that are prone to wear rather than the whole material.

Prophecy

Settler
Dec 12, 2007
Italy
Helikon UTP and OTP. Tactical Pants, Urban and Outdoor.

They look great! Price isn't bad either. I also saw some Pentagon Hermes Activity pants on that site too which look interesting. What's the sizing like? Ie are they big or small?

EDIT: Never mind - I ordered a pair of Pentagon Hermes Activity Trousers. They appear similar to a pair of TAD Gear trousers I had years ago and if they're anything like them they'll be great! Good price too at £56 and they are not at all baggy.

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none

I could see why they'd be good for running but for outdoor work I'm not so sure.

I'm a fan of kuhl gear though and their pants have a slim fit option

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
There are a few brands that do leggings for hunting, they are quite popular among deer stalkers in some places. I've never taken enough notice of brands, but it might give you something to google.

Alternatively, you could have a good tailor alter your trousers to your preferred fit.

Prophecy

Settler
Dec 12, 2007
Italy
I could see why they'd be good for running but for outdoor work I'm not so sure.

I'm a fan of kuhl gear though and their pants have a slim fit option
Not work as such though; more for walking on paths with a day pack! Yes I've tried on Kuhl trousers before and I quite liked them.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE