Best / Favourite UK Legal Pocket Knife..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
I think the title says it all really.
Please post with what is your preferred pocket knife.
Feel free to add photos, links reasons why.
(Please don't include UK non-legal models unless they've been modded to be legal.)

I have a couple of SAKs but by default really (as it is my only UK legal knife) my favourite pocket knife is my TBS Boar Folding Pocket Knife in Turkish Walnut.
http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/...t-every-day-carry-knife---mark-ii-16332-p.asp

Mainly I'm looking for inspiration for a new shiny so try to persuade me yours is best...

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Spyderco Urban or Spyderco PITS. The Urban is perhaps the more perfect, but doesn't have the chic charm of Mikes Spydie collab.

The Urban is light, has a strong spring, a decent choil to prevent the blade closing on you, is one handed opening,
and a half stop prevents that slightly worrying snapping shut on closing. It's honestly my most used knife and is carried daily.

I can do some pics, but I've just scrapped a glitchy Photobucket account and starting a new one, so will need to download them to the new account.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Enzo PK70. I love mine, its on my belt, everyday. Full flat, Sv30 steel, stays sharp for a long time, but is a pain to get sharp. Really tough steel. Great knife.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Whatever else I try I always seem to end up going back to carrying a SAK, usually a Huntsman, and there is a SAK Classic on my keyring, just in case.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
I think the title says it all really.
Please post with what is your preferred pocket knife.
Feel free to add photos, links reasons why.
(Please don't include UK non-legal models unless they've been modded to be legal.)

I have a couple of SAKs but by default really (as it is my only UK legal knife) my favourite pocket knife is my TBS Boar Folding Pocket Knife in Turkish Walnut.
http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/...t-every-day-carry-knife---mark-ii-16332-p.asp

Mainly I'm looking for inspiration for a new shiny so try to persuade me yours is best...

SAK Huntsman for me but this is as much for sentimental reasons as it is for being a useful tool (particularly the tweezers!).

I must admit that I've been eyeing up that non-locking TBS Boar folding knife for a while now. I'm guessing that you rate it?

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
SAKS are useful multitools but for the pleasure of carry and use I like Buck knives

either the 703 or 303 are always in my pocket/bag

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
I have always been very fond of my Alox SAK solo. Great fit and finish, strong back Spring, light weight and very cheap. The only thing that lets it down is the edge retention - even look at the edge the wrong way and it packs up and buggers off. Still, a quick strop and he's back again.

I thought the BB urban was going to be the one EDC to rule them all but it just seemed too fragile (especially the tip) and left me feeling a bit cold. Thought it needed way too much effort to overwhelm the back Spring to close it.

Now mostly when don't carry my Opi 7 carbon (at work), I carry an EM Pingo. It has all the positives of my solo, only has a pocket clip and the M390 blade keeps an incredibly sharp edge. Although not long had it, it Might just be my favourite EDC so far.

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
Another vote for the TBS Boar. A really solid feel and a real scandi grind for whittling. Mine has a fingernail notch in the blade which I believe is an upgraded version.

Of course I would always have a SAK Hiker in my other pocket as the Boar is not so good at opening bottles / undoing Phillips head screws.

Z

Brandon-C

Tenderfoot
Mar 25, 2017
Highlands
Not mentioned yet but I carry one of the Boker techtools, #4 I think. It goes everywhere I go, I used to carry a sak huntsman but I think the Boker is a cut above. A lot of people have mentioned the boar which I have and love the fixed blade version but for me I think I'd miss the extra features of a multi tool, I'll just use a fixed blade for carving or a carving jack. That being said I think the boar folders are probably the best for what they are.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
IMG_1164.JPG

the British army clasp/ jack knife with black handle ( for its strength and feels like a strong reliable tool, excellent blade) issued I believe from WW1 to the 1950's.

Or a Swiss Huntsman for the scissors I use the most and tweezers and it has a saw blade ( lots of multi use in a light small tool)

IMG_1166.jpg

Last edited:

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge

K

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE