Coffee

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
Grumpy Mule coffee company.

Not heard of that! but like the sound of that! so just ordered some "Roast to order, Ethiopia Nefas Farm epic seasonal crafted coffee Beans"
With tastes of winey, stone fruits with low acidity & dark chocolate (that sounds like my cup of coffee)
I will give it a go. Have to say though It's not cheap @ £6.50 & £3.00 for postage
and I have no idea how much I have just bought.
what's your preferred grumpy mule coffee then john?

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Not heard of that! but like the sound of that! so just ordered some "Roast to order, Ethiopia Nefas Farm epic seasonal crafted coffee Beans"
With tastes of winey, stone fruits with low acidity & dark chocolate (that sounds like my cup of coffee)
I will give it a go. Have to say though It's not cheap @ £6.50 & £3.00 for postage
and I have no idea how much I have just bought.
what's your preferred grumpy mule coffee then john?

There you go. http://grumpymule.co.uk/shop/organic-colombia-equidad/

srod

Forager
Feb 9, 2017
argyll
I go for either Lavazza, or Java-Sumatra from Lidl. For the price they can't be beat!

Cook it in a Bialetti Moka over a trangia, primus or campfire.

Recently got an old enamel Finel percolator from a charity shop, not the strongest tasting coffee comes out of it but fun to watch it bubbling away.

Last edited:

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
That is a lovely set! 👍
Really like the tiny jerry can too

Cheers Leshy The wee cans are from ebay £3.45 free post from china they hold 150ml enough to brew up 3 pots of coffee. I sprayed mine in olive drab...

26944011826_f7e25bde87_z.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5oz-Stain...290973?hash=item3f691a9b1d:g:prIAAOSwmgJY7bT9

zornt

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio, USA
How do I like my coffee?
Black as my soul.
Hotter than the hinges of Hades.
And served in ihe skulls of my enemies.
I prefer a dark Columbian roast when I can find it.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
The rise in popularity of the coffee houses such as Starbucks prompted a few researchers to do blind taste tests of coffee sold by the cup a couple of years ago. The results were interesting. I don't remember the exact numbers but it seems that the number 1 choice was McDonald's while Starbucks placed much lower down the list.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
How do I like my coffee?
Black as my soul.
Hotter than the hinges of Hades.
And served in ihe skulls of my enemies.
I prefer a dark Columbian roast when I can find it.

-Strong enough to kill a horse
-Black enough to hide the body
-Hot enough to sterilize the cup

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Consistent, yes. Quality? I don't think it's there for the most part. I avoid them if at all possible.

Tim Horton's coffee is good. Easy to buy and brew at home too. Even beer tastes better than Starbuck's coffee.
The local McBride roasted coffee is good. Nice gift for my travelling visitors, too.
Two large cups in the morning gets me lit for the day.

ValeTudoGuy

Nomad
Mar 8, 2017
Preston, England
Consistent, yes. Quality? I don't think it's there for the most part. I avoid them if at all possible.

Tim Horton's coffee is good. Easy to buy and brew at home too. Even beer tastes better than Starbuck's coffee.
The local McBride roasted coffee is good. Nice gift for my travelling visitors, too.
Two large cups in the morning gets me lit for the day.

You lost me at "even beer".... We obviously differ on what tastes good. More for me I guess. Lol

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I'm sure we do differ on what tastes good. I wonder how that works at the biological level.
The Starbuck's chain of coffee shops is wildly popular. To me, the most disappointing coffee on the entire planet.
Most run-of-the-mill Canadian beers are no better, at all. Fizzy barley pop. Molson Canadian, Labatt's Blue and others.

Fortunatley, my British SIL has done a fine job of educating the old man regarding craft beers. Turns out that it's dark ale that I really like.
Better yet, I can remember that it's dark ale that I like.
90 minutes down the road in Valemount is the Three Ranges Brewery. They make "Swamp Donkey Ale." That, I like. Swamp donkeys are good to eat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE