Last years "Palava"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Just a slide show I chucked together with some of my photo's from last years outings with the new boat.
[video=youtube;L-yz1Q3TxAU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-yz1Q3TxAU[/video]

I'm still building strength and confidence after my heart attack in October but I'm hoping to get back on the water in April:27:

Any questions, feel free.

Steve

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I didn't know you'd had a heart attack, Steve. I hope you recover very well indeed and are back to good health and a busy active life pdq :)

M

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Great little slide show there; I hope you're back to it again tout suite, as they say; being a long time Spaniel man and a real sucker for them I got a gander at Molly the working Cocker too, bonus :)

rancid badger

Great little slide show there; I hope you're back to it again tout suite, as they say; being a long time Spaniel man and a real sucker for them I got a gander at Molly the working Cocker too, bonus :)

Thank you Mac.

I've been building up steadily and I'm planning on getting back to work at the end of the month (phased return) We'll see but I'm hoping to get back across to the lakes in April.

Molly was a cracking little dog. Tireless, mad keen, loving, comical at times and beautiful.

Gone but never forgotten;)

Cheers

Steve.

rancid badger

Thanks Mary, it was a bit of a shock as the only risk factor was cholesterol around "5" and a family history. :rolleyes:

Doing okay now though, fitter than I've been for 20 years! (Well, maybe 10)

Just need to get back in the swing :)

best wishes

Steve

May 12, 2010
Southampton
Like the video clip, very well put together. We've had the same boat since May last year, bought it because it was easier to transport.

We have had some great little adventures with.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Ian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rancid badger

Thanks for the kind comments Wobbler (love the user name by the way, anything to do with J & TB?)

They really are very under-rated boats, much better quality and design than Sevylor etc and well capable of expedition use but then you pay as much for a Palava as you do for a fairly decent, 2nd hand polythene Canadian canoe!

The big plus as you say, is the ease of transport and general portability of the boat.

cheers

Steve

rancid badger

Thank you Night Phoenix.

The locations are; Ullswater and Goldrill Beck through Patterdale( the river which feeds the lake at the extreme southern end of the lake) and Derwent water and the River Derwent from about Rosthwaite down over (that's down river or north on a map).

The boat lends itself to getting close to wildlife and slipping through quiet little spots due to the fact that it can be more or less silent in use, unlike a normal hardshell canoe which not only crunches and bangs when hitting the bottom or other obstacles but also if you happen to clip the hull with your paddle etc.

thanks again

Steve

rancid badger

Does anyone know of a forum dedicated to inflatable canoes and kayaks in the UK or a european setup with a UK section?

I've done a bit of research but found absolutely nothing to speak of.

I've a feeling that the thing I'm searching for has "evolved" and will probably be found on facebook.

Cheers

Steve

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Hi Steve,

I joined this one a good few year go : http://kayakfishinguk.co.uk/ .. Andy the lad who runs it.. from your neck of the woods.

I was in to my sea fishing.. well boat fishing mainly.. i was gonna buy a sit on top kayak to fish from.

It's a great site.. but it's mainly geared up for fishing from a kayak.. a good source of info on there thou.

rancid badger

Thanks for the responses so far.

I'm a member on both of the forums mentioned above, song of the paddle since about 2008 from when I first started paddling Canadian canoes and kayak fishing since about 2013 when I bought a sit on top. (I've forgotten my username and password on the kayak site!) neither have what I'm looking for in the way of inflatable info.

cheers

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE