The results of free time.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leo0274

Apr 20, 2015
Brasil
Hey guys, my hollidays are over, and here are the results of my free time.

Woodcrafts:
Spoons

The fisrt one broke:
aTYnSeol.jpg

fJUbioAl.jpg

The second one, I went too deep.

zInnagTl.jpg

Zjw9DZZl.jpg

Net needles. An old fisherman taught me how to use them, so I made two needles, one for me, and the other I gave to the fisherman. I used a roll of bankline (the small one on the second photo) and that gave about two metres of net, it took me about two hours to make the net.

bEtxVanl.jpg

0i1maP7l.jpg

tYzu4mHl.jpg

Walking stick with measuring marks, one every centimetre on the fist 10cm and one every five cm until 85cm.

8umo2Uql.jpg

GtiKbHgl.jpg

eRlDkWrl.jpg

VYhN4adl.jpg

Wild boar trophy. My father got these wild boar tusks from his friend that passed away this year and I decided to make this in honor of the memory of a fellow hunter. The boar was shot in the south of Brazil, probably 40 or 50 years ago. The wood is "angico vermelho" (Anadenanthera colubrina var. cebil) a very hard Brazilian wood.

KBQdYkcl.jpg

Hatchet handle. I decided to replace te handle I made last year, even though the grain was very twisted, I managed to get a decent shape for it, and it would have been perfect if I didn't try to put a wegde.

7WtkLd2l.jpg

DCK5QCul.jpg

Leathercraft:

Added some leather patches on the backpack for the bed roll and made straps to hold the bed roll. That straps can also be used as a belt.

rtuRErql.jpg

4JakuCwl.jpg

IKW86CMl.jpg

23Ma9uLl.jpg

Other works:

My father had these two old saws that were totally dull and rusty, I cleaned the rust and the old paint from the handle with sand paper, oiled the wood and sharpened the baldes

oyg3Zipl.jpg

7q4e3jHl.jpg

Customized my mora classic n 1. Sanded the paint and oiled the wood.

9Fy6X42l.jpg

Fire kit. I used the water bag that I made few years ago (it was leaking, probably got punched in the bush) to make a tinder pouch. Made a handle for my ferro rod with the tip of a cape bufalo horn (my uncle used to rise bufaloes in his farm, like cattle). The other components to the kit are: chared-cloth, magnesium bar and a piece of bambu to make more tinder if needed.

RosFoA7l.jpg

aO4miSLl.jpg

DGOOXXZl.jpg

BSAMOVnl.jpg

levraxcl.jpg

I made a pen with a hawk feather, very simple to make.

WiUBUOMl.jpg

Oetg38hl.jpg

oC3ut20l.jpg

That's it guys! I still got a week, so maybe there will be more stuff

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
nice one i enjoyed reading through that, totally feel guilty to myself as i have not been pottering tinkering and making stuff lately and i just realised i am missing it more than i thought

leo0274

Apr 20, 2015
Brasil
nice one i enjoyed reading through that, totally feel guilty to myself as i have not been pottering tinkering and making stuff lately and i just realised i am missing it more than i thought

I always enjoy doing this kind of stuff, but hey, don't feel guilty just get a piece of wood and start working.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
As to the spoon you went too deep on - neaten up the holes, finish the spoon off and call it "An Olive Spoon" or "A Pickle Spoon" intended for fishing such items out of the brine or vinegar without bringing out too much other than the olive/pickled onion....
It works!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE