Wanted - my design rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
The pack is the Lowe Alpine Sting. The pouches as far as I know we're custom made. The owner hasn't been on here for a few years now. Can't remember if he was called Johnnyboy or Johnboy. You should be able to find some off the shelf Molle pouches or get some of them made.
The pack was made in green, black or DPM but good luck in finding the first two and NO I'm lot selling mine unless the price is right.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Them PRI 45l infantry packs, Scoman linked to are decent packs for not alot of money.

I picked one up on ebay for £30 before Christmas, in Desert DPM, only thing they don't come with a waist belt, might be issue if your carrying heavy loads in it. Plenty of molle on it for attaching extra pouches.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Them PRI 45l infantry packs, Scoman linked to are decent packs for not alot of money.

I picked one up on ebay for £30 before Christmas, in Desert DPM, only thing they don't come with a waist belt, might be issue if your carrying heavy loads in it. Plenty of molle on it for attaching extra pouches.

I fitted a waist belt to a desert one that I've subsequently sold on. It was enough to transfer the weight. The Karrimor SF one's do have a waist belt if I remember rightly.

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
I fitted a waist belt to a desert one that I've subsequently sold on. It was enough to transfer the weight. The Karrimor SF one's do have a waist belt if I remember rightly.

Aye, think the SF Predator one's come with a waist belt, and nice price tag to :)

I don't mind mine not having one, find it easier just swinging it off my shoulders when taking if off.

Just shows a bit of diy and you can adapt a pack to suit ;)

Lowe Alpine Sting.
Here with added front pouch. View attachment 43365

Was going to add. That if you want a 55 ltd pack the Lowe alpine sting is perfect I have an OD one with one PLCE side pouch and one Medic side pouch with an admin pouch in the middle
Perfect after I sold on my trusty old Vulcan 2 which has to much load carry space for bushcraft ;)

No not selling mine either will go to the kids

There are 2 versions the Sting and Stingray one it one main pouch the other has a drawstring separator at the bottom with a zip access if you want separate compartments .

These are generally found in DPM and ex Dutch military .

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Was going to add. That if you want a 55 ltd pack the Lowe alpine sting is perfect I have an OD one with one PLCE side pouch and one Medic side pouch with an admin pouch in the middle
Perfect after I sold on my trusty old Vulcan 2 which has to much load carry space for bushcraft ;)

No not selling mine either will go to the kids

There are 2 versions the Sting and Stingray one it one main pouch the other has a drawstring separator at the bottom with a zip access if you want separate compartments .

These are generally found in DPM and ex Dutch military .
Stingray had the front zip to allow access to the bottom section under the drawstring divider.
Never understood why they weren't more popular. Still got my Vulcan and won't part with either.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE