Open invitation arctic meet 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I'll probably be sleeping in quite a bit, or going to lay down in the tent. But I'll do as much as I can. Just being out there is reward enough. But If I were fitter, I'd really like to go south, spend a night out in the jerven bag, and see if we could see some musk ox. Surprisingly, the Bison we saw [at the toronto Zoo] impressed me more than I thought they would. After the wolves, I think the Bison were my favorite animal. The male polar bear had paws literally the size of a barstool top.

Arctic Musk Ox

Musk-Oxen+Arctic+Migration+6.jpg

Last edited:

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
They keep some Musk Ox(-en?) at the zoo in Lycksele. At the same time they take part in a project attempting to get a robust wild heard (16 individuals atm, if my memory serves me)

Even if I am hesitant about zoo's, I took my family to see them, bears, moose, wolves etc. The musk ox is surprisingly small...Robust, but small. It left an impression, seconded only by the highly uneasy feeling of having a Bear 40 cm from my face (even if they are on the maximum security wing)

Greger

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
They keep some Musk Ox(-en?) at the zoo in Lycksele. At the same time they take part in a project attempting to get a robust wild heard (16 individuals atm, if my memory serves me)

Even if I am hesitant about zoo's, I took my family to see them, bears, moose, wolves etc. The musk ox is surprisingly small...Robust, but small. It left an impression, seconded only by the highly uneasy feeling of having a Bear 40 cm from my face (even if they are on the maximum security wing)

Greger

Yeah I was just looking at the wild population ( differing numbers ) but it wasn't many :( Dave, unless you're lucky I don't think we'll be seeing them, it would have been nice though :)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
You should never post anything thats self pitying, because people dont like you for it, but my bloody head around my eye is killing me, still got a big bump, black eye, cracking scar, left ankle's not fully repaired from torn ligaments..:stretcher:..and of course there is my stage 3/4 sarcoidosis, depression, severe psoriassis, extreme fatigue etc....should be fun......:rolleyes::crutch:

I'll be taking a fair amount of drugs with me.....:lmao:.....:christmas1:.....:sleeping:

Dont expect me to be chugging the ale either..:beerchug:....not with the meds im on at the moment.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE