Open invitation arctic meet 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Im editing all this. Short and sweet. Just called Lufthansa again, who have absolutely confirmed [again] that:

My free baggage is:

My 6 foot ski bag. under 23kg. With boggan, ski poles, snowshoes, clothes, sharps, etc etc.
My 23kg deployment bag within their HxWxL dimensions
My 8kg carry on bag, again within their HxWxL dimensions.

She checked her PC, and its all written in there mate.

I'll also be paying for an extra deployment bag, $75 euro each way.

I dont who you are talking to or what you're asking them, to get such a run around?

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Out at the minute so can't view everything but just been on the phone again and now have the same email you have, thanks and sorry for being a pain

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Is this an annual meet/expedition or is this a one off trip?

Would love to do something like this next year!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Not annual, not yet ;) it's a meeting of people that have either done ( as some have ) Arctic courses, Arctic camping, both, or in my case none of the above, but are willing and able :D

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Hi. Ive been asked to post where I get my air ambulance/snowshoeing insurance from, its here:

http://www.skicover.com/x-country-and-snowshoeing-insurance.aspx

cost me £55 for the year.

Thanks.

I just priced it up on your site and can get the 2 weeks at just over £20 with the air lift etc, can't see me getting out this year again so saves a few quid :) I have a box / crate ? of rat packs coming to me on Friday, no idea what is what yet but will post up, maybe some of us can make use, weight dependant, failing that I'll use them through the year :)

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Now back to the world of civilization so now can get sorted with everything maps and lending kit......

who was I lending my brit army snow shoes too and do you still need them?

looking into the route now with my satmaps card and will get it sorted by New Year and have the fabloned copies just after when I go back to work.

How's things going Pete ? when do you knock off work, you still have the pm with my number if you can call me to sort out snow shoes etc when you can. Has anyone had any contact with Dewi ?? he hasn't logged on since the 21st of December :(

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Right then, you orrible lot!!!😂😂😂😂😂

First off. Happy new year. I hope Santa brought lots of kit for you all for our trip.

Ok. So just rented the Satphone. Dont know what it works out per person or even if people want to pay. Im happy to sort it when we get out there. You can all just buy me stove wood and lots of beer...😂😂😂😂.

Not long now. I need to chase up maps next week see if i can get any, get a bag for my tobbogan (still) and get my insurance and in done done done....🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘

Party on dudes...👍👍👍👍

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Nice one Chris, maps Pete was sorting but having a back up plan can't hurt :) Well done on the phone, we'll sort out what's what, not a lot left to sort out here, last minute bits and bobs and ready for the off.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Just done my insurance so a bag and im sorted. I just need to phone and book ski baggage and im ready for the off.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Skookum

Jan 15, 2015
West Mids
Happy new year to all!

Sorry folks, been a bit busy lately but i'm back in the room now. Just been trying to catch up on the 15 or pages since i last checked the thread...

@ Wayland. Thanks for your very generous offer i think i'm gonna be okay as my boggan is now in customs but i really appreciate the offer.

@ Dewi. Fella the BT2 is big enough (just) if you pitch it right. If your using a pole it needs to be 64"-66" dont take your info from the Seek Outside website as they redesigned it for the Silvertip to be used with trekking poles. Ask Dave how much room there was in mine when we were in the lakes.

@ Bopdude. If your not sorted talk to Martti about wool trousers. I got a couple of pairs of Finish ones from him and they are superb and don't have the surplus stink. P{robably still time for him to ship you a pair.

@ Lannyman. Supercool result on the phone buddy! Lemme know the cost and i'll send you the funds over. Nice one :)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Had a conversation last night with Dave which brought up the idea visiting the museum, Ajtte, in Jokkmokk. Which is open from 9am to 6pm during the Market week.

Last time we were there we actually visited twice, once to see the museum, which is fascinating, and again for one of the cultural events connected to the Market ( An exhibition and film which was very interesting ) This meant we had to pay for entry twice which works out more expensive that buying an annual pass ( 150 SEK )

Just for additional information, the museum sits near the outskirts of town on the approach side from the campsite, so it also makes it a useful stop on the route with toilets and lockers available.

In case anyone hasn't checked it out yet, the Market website has posted up the daily schedule which shows the kind of side events that are being put on. Well worth checking out. You can also get a leaflet from the tourist information with the same sort of info when you get there. Most are in Swedish but look around and you will find versions in English.

Last edited:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
video.cgi

Looks like they've had some fresh snow in Jokkmokk.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE