3 knife set with tooled sheaths.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Finished these off yesterday.

3 knife set, Croc, Eagle, and Eaglet....
All RWL-34 with Afzelia Burl handles

First proper go a tooling leather with an attempt at 3 tone dye.

Hope you like. :)

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Lovely work - particularly like the way you've subtly altered the handle so that the smallest knife matches the others but the handle is shaped to work in the smaller size.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Thanks mate :) Yeah, each knife needs to work, so you can't just straight up match it to the others. The Eaglet would feel awkward and uncomfortable if i had. Its nice that you noticed that :)

Lovely work - particularly like the way you've subtly altered the handle so that the smallest knife matches the others but the handle is shaped to work in the smaller size.

Thanks Hamish. Tbh mate, i find it pretty easy.. once i'd figured out the order to put the stamps on. When i was practicing at first i started doing straight lines and found that they would wander a little along the length, so i then started doing it in a zig zag pattern as after the first two stamps are in place, you then have 2 stamps to work off to place your next one and from there its really easy to get them aligned perfectly. Yeah, depth of stamp is a consideration.. after i'd gone over it once, i went over the areas again where flex and pressure from the knife being in the sheath would push the pattern out a bit and make it less defined. Seems to work ok. :)

very nice work mate, the tri-weave stamp is not as easy as it looks eh! stamp too deep and it cuts through when the leather is flexed, too shallow and the impression just comes out. Nightmare! Those look top quality :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Excellent stuff, they look really great together. I've got the two smaller knives and the handles are the first I've ever had that I've not fettled at all, they work perfectly and match the blades.

If I didn't already have these two I think I'd be spending some money on this lovely set - they've been my favourite tools since the day I got them :)

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Aye Shelley, need to do a full flat Eagle. I think it will make a nice food prep/game knife in that configuration. :)

Cheers guys, :)

Tim_B

Dec 8, 2013
Ipswich
Nice set there Mark. I have all three and to be honest the Eagle is the least used...which surprised me as it's my favourite. The Eaglet is just too handy and the Croc is a beast. I think the matching handles set them off a treat...and I am liking the sheaths too.

Thanks
Tim B

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Cheers Tim. :)

The Croc is a beast of a heavy duty knife.. and yeah the Eaglet is a handy little thing. All have different purposes though, at least that was the plan when i designed them. :)

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Droooooooool

Very nice set, as lovely as always. My Eagle is my go too these days

Cracking job on the sheathes too. I know not everyone likes tooled, but I do like the odd piece done so well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE