Another new design.... Kind of

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Hi guys.

Not really a new design per se, more a hybrid than anything.

Basically my SPB2 blade shape, with an Eagle/crow handle.

I find this handle to be the most comfortable handle shape there is (that I've tried anyway) Lots of people report the same who have these knives.

I also think it makes the SPB2/woodie blade shape more attractive with this handle. I've never liked the woodie handle shape, or anything to do with coke bottle contours... i find them awfully uncomfortable and they put a lot of stress on the back of the hand as you need to squeeze harder to get a firm grip.

This one is 4mm 01, Afzelia scales, black liners... 4" blade, 8.5" overall.

Thoughts guys?

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
That looks lovely Mark. I have been wanting to get my hands on one of your knives for ages, and I have just recently got one of your knife blanks from Sonni when I visited his stand at the Bushcraft Show, I will put some pictures up once I build it......but I do not think it'll ever look as lovely as this. Winner in my eyes.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Looks better than the standard handle imo. plus the eagle/crow handle is very comfy, so its a winner in my book

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Changes the apparent shape of the blade quite dramatically; a vast improvement........Makes the blade look more streamlined, sort of slimmer, iimmc.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Thanks guys. :)

Yeah it does Mac.. i know exactly what you mean. I'll be changing most of my designs to this handle shape... it has a few things going for it. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE