Clear quick drying fabric glue

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Can anyone recommend a quick drying fabric or glue gun glue that dries clear.

Most of the glue sticks I have tried tend to dry more of a translucent white and on the material I am using it does not pick off easily.

Luckily on the bag I have been working on it is mainly on bits that you can not see easily.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Are you just using the glue to hold the pieces in place before you stitch ?

If so, then there's a powder fabric repair glue (think really easy darning) that can be carefully brushed on and it sets with heat. Just brush between the layers and a quick iron. When it's cold it holds.

Other than that the only stuff I can think of is Fray Check which dries clear but is inclined to be 'crispy'.

I think tbh I'd try a tacking gun instead, and just snip the wee plastic bits free when I was finished.
Like this but this one's not the cheapest.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Micro-Stitch-Gun-basting-decorative/dp/B004KYPJVW

Interested to hear how you get on with it :)

M

Last edited:

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
I use sail makers tape ( ebay) in 12mm size , I use it to hold parts together and helps create nice seem when I making gear...
Are you making or fixing
you could try a good contact cement for a temp repair

Sorry, should have been clearer, its for holding whilst making. I need to do some very prominent binding on an outside seem, so don't want to risk the glue showing.

I have been looking for the sail making tape, I saw it on a video, but they had called it something else.

Just ordered a roll of it. Thanks very much.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE