The - What did you break today thread :(

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bhod

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
North Tyneside
My Swedish Army Trangia burner (genuine) :(. How? well, I noticed a build up of gunk on the inside so decided to give it a quick tap on the edge on the marble worktop, not too hard or so i thought. Turned it upside down, got all the debris out of the well, filled it with meths and the (non) flaming thing decided to empty itself all over the floor. On closer inspection there is a lovely crack/split on the bottom edge a good three to four centimetres long :(. Might try soldering/brazing it if I can be bothered, all my years of owning Trangias though and I've never had anything like this happen before.

bob_the_bomb

Tenderfoot
Oct 2, 2008
Cambodia
I almost broke my patience, women.........grrrrrr :lmao:

If it happens every day does it qualify for this thread? :)

Normally the things I play with are harder than me, so it tends to be me that gets broken. Or at least cut, sliced, bruised or otherwise dented...

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Mine cracked along the bottom of the threading for the lid, then again on the inside edge. Replace it with a standard trangia burner, I've found it performs much better.

Tonyuk

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Son was being helpful yesterday, closed the van tailgate, my mobile was on the threshold, no phone now!

Dec 10, 2015
South Wales
Just managed to split a Kuksa in half, I hollowed out the bowl on a big bit of oak which took a little while. Then the first time this has ever happened to me I got over zealous with a GB Scandi axe and spilt the bloody thing in 2 rather than just splitting the sides off as the usual....

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
After a long weekend in the garden weeding, digging in compost and putting in some hammock friendly fence posts. I think I broke myself.

Bhod

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
North Tyneside
Not today but Sunday. Fortunate enough to be in Central Park, New York on Sunday, unfortunate enough to find myself in near monsoon type conditions. The heavens opened and I thinking the best place for my iPhone 6s would be the bottom of my Osprey Velocity 13 pack instead of my trouser pocket. How wrong was I? extremely, 1 inch of water in the bottom of the pack meant that my iphone had been submerged for around 45 minutes, dead as a dodo, expensive lesson learned, not only is my backpack not waterproof, it isn't in the slightest water resistant and I really should use my Otterbox on the phone all the time not just when doing outdoorsy type things :(.

andibs

Forager
Jan 27, 2012
S. Yorks
Didn't quite break anything but managed to knock over some empty oil drums on racking while doing a practice for my fork lift course test tomorrow. Would have been automatic fail if it had been the real things.

Here's hoping things go better tomorrow when it's for real.

Andy

unit392

Mar 16, 2015
Central Europe
Shattered an original WWII cartidge case (sixth piece of my "collection") while trying to remove rust. Fortunately the lower part remained intact and I managed to identify it as a Soviet 7.62 x 54R. Not a very big deal though, probably I could dig up a dozen more in the garden.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE