Into The Wilderness (Hunting Adventure In Scotland)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
This is a cracking wee film with something for everyone so it's a shame it must be tucked away in Fair Game but rules are rules.

If you don't want to see a deer being shot switch off at 23:00 and enjoy what comes before as there is definetly a bushcraft feel to this and notwithstanding the unashamed product endorsement:

[video=youtube;OtpivmFMZlk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtpivmFMZlk[/video]

K

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
If members look beyond the word "Hunting" I believe they'll enjoy it.

We could start a guess the make of Bushcraft knife but given one of the sponsors that's probably not too difficult.

K

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yep, I thought that was good, I skipped through it a bit but enjoyed it and it helps show some of the practical application of Bushcraft

Very nice video - I never knew that the landscape is so nice in Scotland!
The ethical approach of the hunting makes it even more interesting; in here we are not allowed to hunt alone or not even with a friend, the hunts have to be supervised by the gamekeeper (quite many poaching amateurs unfortunately). Another nice thing to see is how a bushcraft knife can be a fully functional skinner in the right hands :D
I will wait for the next episode.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Love stalking, great video - thanks for sharing!

Red hind fillet stroganoff for tea tonight!

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Episodes 2 and 3:

[video=youtube;5CTazLvHE1s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CTazLvHE1s[/video]

[video=youtube;xt7Yh0Ci2ww]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt7Yh0Ci2ww[/video]

Cheers

K

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed the first one (the others will have to wait till later).

Though I don't hunt (and don't plan to anytime soon - though perhaps something for my bucket list) I've become quite interested in field butchery and was kind of hoping to see them prepare and eat some venison at their basecamp (maybe in the next vids).
I've seen quite a few of MCQbushcraft's vids on you tube as well, and it strikes me that the meat must be all the sweeter for the amount of preparation and effort that is required for a successful hunt. The amount of respect generally shown for animals hunted for food is also eye opening. I think I would benefit from an increased appreciation for meat if I went out, hunted and butchered my own.

If you're aware of any other films where responsible hunters hunting for food track, kill and butcher their quarry please send them my way, and again thanks for sharing.

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
From my limited review of such films these are very much on the higher quality side both in terms of image quality and content sensibility. Product placement is somewhat inelegant but clearly an essential component if such is to be a viable venture.

What prompted me to post them should be obvious and I don't just mean the borderline token Bushcraft element that is the on-the-Hill fire lighting scenes. Clearly I accept there will always be some outdoor enthusiasts who wish to distance themselves from the base instinct that is our hunting gene no matter how sustainable the undertaking so, if that’s you and you can’t bring yourself to watch deer being shot humanely (it’s a very small percentage of the footage) due to ideological considerations, please do not watch.

Cheers

K

Trig

Nomad
Jun 1, 2013
Scotland
Nice video. Only been to Skye once, but incredible place.

Does anyone remember the name of a similar video about a bowhunter? Think it was in alaska or canada, but it was the same style of video. Cant remember the name of it, but it was a good watch too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE