My crafts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tsitenha

Nomad
Dec 18, 2008
Kanata
Robson Valley, got a lot already but thank you never the less.
You were saying about birch bark "bittings" on an other thread, pierce in a pattern, the bark and the porcupine quills, should be amazing.

tsitenha

Nomad
Dec 18, 2008
Kanata
* it only took me 3 hours, umpteen tries, a son's and daughter in law's guidance, written recipe, and finally voila:)
Now for tomorrow ???????????????

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Angie LeVeque travels from Prince George, BC into northern Manitoba each summer to get birch bark for her biting art.
I had a lot, lost it at the end of a past life. Expect that the beholder threw it in the garbage with the usual total lack of
comprehension of the merit and value. Some stuff never works out.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I missed this :eek:

Tsitenha, those are beautiful pieces :) So balanced and trim and I really like your colour contrasts.
It's not easy getting it to all lie evenly tensioned, but those look 'right'.

Thank the kids (and you for the work to suss out how to post photos) I call my sons my 'Technical Reference Manuals' for a blooming good reason.

atb,
M

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
I don't know what those are for, or what they might symbolise, but I do know that they are rather excellent, beautifully made pieces.

tsitenha

Nomad
Dec 18, 2008
Kanata
tsitenha, those are gorgeous!

I know very little about beading. In your first and second pictures, what type of cordage to do you use to thread the beads onto?

- Woodsorrel

I cheat on some of those, I use "artificial sinew" a wax nylon cordage, flattened and stranded to look like sinew but with a longer shelf life. Other than that it's deer skin lacing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE