Bushmoot 2016 workshops

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
That does look interesting Tony... and like you I'm very tempted as well :)

Some cool stuff coming up in this thread...keep it coming everyone, maybe i'll even get to a couple of them :D

Jules (basket making) has sent me details of a Willow backpack 2 day course that she's going to put on at the Moot, I'm very tempted by that as well

attachment.php

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Some cool stuff coming up in this thread...keep it coming everyone, maybe i'll even get to a couple of them :D

Jules (basket making) has sent me details of a Willow backpack 2 day course that she's going to put on at the Moot, I'm very tempted by that as well

Put me down for that I defintky want to do that! I talked to Jules about a class making a pack basket back in the summer, and brought pics for her too... Ooooh very excited!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire

attachment.php

That looks great - but can I afford it?

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I put her up to that. She was doubtful but I persuaded Jules that there would be a biggy market for it.

(I lost her first attempt to Vikings on the Isle of Man, so if you see a Viking with a basket on, then please could you ask them to return it?)

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Will a list or two be going up or are going to fight it out ( said with a smile). Most important, I would like to know if I should bring a wool blanket to convert?
I am soooooo looking forward to this years Moot!

Steve_T

Aug 12, 2010
Hockley
I have a pink wool blanket (bought from mr fenna a few moots ago) it could be used as a demo one to be returned to him in boreal shirt form.

if you hadn't guessed totally up for that too.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
So should I bring the wool blanket.

I can bring the Bushcraft Magazine article on how to make your own bush shirt complete with pattern.

So you'd be able to cut it out ready for sewing but I don't have access to a hand crank sewing machine so it would have to be done by hand...

rabbitrex

Nov 1, 2011
Norfolk
Ok, so I've now worked out the five things I'll offer:
1. Weaving a quiver - the amazing Coke bottle loom is included in cost
2. Weaving a peg loom mat, cushion or small rug - peg looms may be available to buy for about £15 on top - but you could just borrow one if mine!
3. Making socks on a sock loom - will check about loom cost might be able to get them for an additional £3 or use mine
4. Making a leather mug holder
5. Making weaving sticks and a strap from cheerful yarn - take the sticks away with you - please
6. Making tape on a fixed headle loom - can get these for a tenner for a simple one if anyone wants one - or use mine

Any session a fiver for materials - six people per session, 2.5,hours long. Tea and biccies included. Should manage to fit each session running three times over the BM...  closer to the year/month/day I'll take more names but do feel free to indicate interest - it'll help me sort out materials and kit.

Choices, choices! I'd like to do number 2 please. I would have to be directed to your camp though :)
I too am really looking forward to the moot. It's great to have so many friendly skilled people about to learn from and to be able to relax in the woods.:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE