I didn't need one, so I bought one anyway.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
My first camping kettle, used with a small wigwam fire or a Woolworth's half crown meths stove. A brew of tea would stay warm for a surprisingly long time.
Used to hang it off the side of my frameless rucksack where it would chink and annoy my walking companions.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
My first camping kettle, used with a small wigwam fire or a Woolworth's half crown meths stove. A brew of tea would stay warm for a surprisingly long time.
Used to hang it off the side of my frameless rucksack where it would chink and annoy my walking companions.

Love it lol :D

I've Japanese friends who hang tin mugs to their outer framed rucks, some have bells tied to belts, rucks what have you. Not for religious pilgrimage reasons but to prewarn the bears and wolves.

Slightly off topic;

I went through a succession of bells (most got on my nerves) on my handle bars on my bike - ideal for warning pedestrians who's ears aren't filled with earphones on canal paths etc. I finally got a bell with the tone I liked/least annoying and the tourer got stolen!!! (I was at work miles away so wouldn't hear the bell).

Liam

tsitenha

Nomad
Dec 18, 2008
Kanata
Get her one and give it to her:) Then moan that its really functional and you also could use one, she says go ahead, go to the closet and take yours out.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.

I might annoy your companions but the "chink-chink" sound is good for warning bears you're around. When my wife and I would day hike in the Chugach Mountains we always made sure our daypacks had some noise makers on them just to let the bears know those pesky humans were around and to stay out of our way.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE