Its worth noting.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mozzi

Tenderfoot
Aug 9, 2015
Brighton
That my only discernible skill, save surviving being hit by buses who seem to hate me, is fishing. anyone can always feel free to message me any info they need law, tactics, etc and I'll do my best to help.

I literally cannot help a soul in anything other than fishing as most things Im less effective at that a colander as a water bottle!

offer is there any who :)

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
So you have one skill, or so you think, fishing, and the offer to teach, there's another straight off, I'm sure if you look a bit closer there'll be more, chin up :)

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
That's the trouble when buses attack you're number truly does come up, doubly so. You wait ages for one to get you and two turn up at once.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
That's a valuble skill in fairness I'm sure some people here will learn a lot. I have one actually. How come when fishing the tidal stretch of river near me, people with me are catching fish and I seem able to pull up every crab in the north of England? Same bait same setup and I catch bloody crab lol

george47

Banned
Aug 14, 2015
North Gulf of Mexico
Tell me about fishing in Brighton - and the dreaded Asian carp is taking over rivers in USA and leaps when boats pass - here is a guy making a point about being hit by fish - like being hit by a small bus, it is an actual problem. They even hunt them with bows wile the fish is in the air! And nets and baseball bats - you could combine your skills.

CarpHunter-533x400.png

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I think you'll be surprised!

So you are confident with knots, observations of prey and habitat, move with stealth and have patience - and, at a guess, know about certain types of shelter, camp cooking, weather prediction and plenty more besides.

Never underestimate the range of skills that any pastime encompasses - and keep in mind that we all started off in similar situations!

ATB

Ogri the trog

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
That's a valuble skill in fairness I'm sure some people here will learn a lot. I have one actually. How come when fishing the tidal stretch of river near me, people with me are catching fish and I seem able to pull up every crab in the north of England? Same bait same setup and I catch bloody crab lol

In fairness Mick, catching crabs in the North of England is very easy :p

I tend to agree with others though Mozzi, you not think you have a wide range of skills, but its surprising what we do every day that translates outdoors.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
In fairness Mick, catching crabs in the North of England is very easy :p

I tend to agree with others though Mozzi, you not think you have a wide range of skills, but its surprising what we do every day that translates outdoors.
uploadfromtaptalk1445110720523.jpg
As you can see me fishing is an impressive site!

greencloud

Forager
Oct 10, 2015
Newcastle
Fishing is a skill many don't have. Can you tell me how to get more distance with half a mackerel on a 10/0 with space limited?

My mates have had at least a couple of these now and my chances would increase with an extra 10-20 metres...

(I think I heard a background swear - turn off sound if offended!)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE