Fjallraven Helags 40

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
This is so tempting, Own a bit of Fjallraven gear and know of the build quality.
Anybody out there used, seen, maybe even a reviewed one of these bad boys?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance

RM

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Right people, I have just ordered one of these http://www.fjallraven.com/helags-40, so, as i could not find any decent reviews on this pack, i will either write one myself, or may even do a video review, or both, who know!
So, if anybody out there is thinking of possibly getting one, let me know any question you may have, and i will try and cover them in the review.
It will get used on our weekly bimbles, and on the sussex meets at the end of each month, so it will cover both purposes for which i bought it!
Thanks in advance

RM

Last edited:
W

WCSEASYNOW

Hallo RM, how do you do.
I'm new here on the Forum, my names Graham. I have been looking at this Pack long and hard and really is pulling me in, Cotswold Outdoors have 'em in stock but no where near me, and like you couldn't really find decent reviews that were in English at least. If I my trouble you a moment, pal, I would like to ask how you got on with it so far. Particularly the length of back on the Pack, I'm 6'3 with a back length of 18".... how did the pack fit your back, and perhaps if you'd be so kind as to Measure the length for me and let us know if you reply, would be much appreciated.

Again, cheers for your time. All the best.

Graham

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
Right people, I have just ordered one of these http://www.fjallraven.com/helags-40, so, as i could not find any decent reviews on this pack, i will either write one myself, or may even do a video review, or both, who know!
So, if anybody out there is thinking of possibly getting one, let me know any question you may have, and i will try and cover them in the review.
It will get used on our weekly bimbles, and on the sussex meets at the end of each month, so it will cover both purposes for which i bought it!
Thanks in advance

RM

So, how did you get on with this pack? I'm still hunting for one. They've discontinued them now :-(

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
I know. I honestly just fancy one. I know there's lots of better/cheaper/lighter packs out there. Alice packs have a good rep.

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
I'd really like to know why this pack is so heavy - must be the back system. Fjallraven's nylon materials are generally pretty light. And it's not overburdened with straps, buckles and pockets that would push the weight up. A good back system is worth a bit of weight, so maybe... this is certainly a good-looking pack. I don't need it, but I do want it.

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
I would love to find one in green. Dont seem to be available anywhere. They must be somewhere?!!

Even discontinued stock leaves a few stragglers. Surely. 😀

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
The one I bought was in green, and discontinued stock even when I bought it, saying that is a fair few years ago. You are probably better off looking for something that you can buy, it was a nice pack but not fantastic.

I loved the look of this pack, and also missed out! Being in Australia we get zero fjallraven products, which is a pity because the ones I have gotten have Ben exemplary! I just purchased the friluft forest 35... A bit smaller then the helags but I can't wait to see the quality! It seems to be a blend of technical backpack and bush crafter/hunter features... Unfortunately no side pockets though :( and no idea where I will advertise (put...) my axe either lol cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE