Get your beards out for the girls

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Nice one Dave, menacing

I'll add smiling beard so as not to scare off non beardies

13639-1432510448-4e3902a950e497391e2f602ba2120500.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Mine's a bit smaller than GGTBod's...

pennanular.jpg

But very rake-ish :D, think few can beat Bods gnomish beard. It alone would gain him entrance to the Victorian Explorers Club. He could be their mascot. ;)
Nice annular and cape you have there though.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I have to get some beard fertilizer...

The cape is a wool poncho I made earlier this year, the annular I bought from fellows.

Cheers for the links, will have a peek when I get to town tomorrow (on Tapatalk just now).
Don't think you need to grow the beard to Bod proportions you are rocking the classic swashbuckling Robin Hood at the moment :D. So saying over the years I've had many styles of beard, at forestry school my mate and I had beard growing competitions and many weird styles came out of that.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hmm, maybe I should be barred from this thread as I crossed to the dark side this morning.

My clippers are on the fritz and the hair and beardage have been getting out of control. I had to come into the city today so I decided on a trim.

I went into one of the rash of Turkish Barbers that have hit the area of late.

Last time I got worked over by a Turk was after a few weeks in the mountains over there where I had the whole shebang of bath, massage and shave. Boy do you get pummelled but it's fantastic afterwards.

Though not a patch on Bods facial growth I was looking suitable like Nick Nolte's mug shot pictures and the chap in the shop had a grin on his face as I entered. Decided to go for the works and get a haircut, beard trim and hot shave. All for £17 and I hadn't had a treat in ages.

On speaking to the chap it turns out he was Romanian though the shop is run by Turkish folk. Sitting down into the oldfashioned barbers chair and gowned up it was hair first and a no thank-you to the eyebrows getting chopped (I like my eyebrows). Beard next, shaping it up and general neatening up.Then it was out with the hot towels. Feeling like I was about to be waterboarded at first I soon relaxed and the lemony hot towels opened up my pores ready for the hot lather while the chap prepared his straight razor.
'Cause I go so long without contact I'm always a bit jumpy at first with close proximity and when they're holding a gleaming razor sharp blade over me I'm a tadge nervous and have to physically switch of responses to get out of there. So knuckles white against the chairs arms he set about shaving my neck and around the edges of my beard. He was pretty darn nifty at it and I soon relaxed.
Shaving and tidying over it was time for unction's and balms. I went for the traditional limon as the smell reminds me of Turkey (and those little wash towels in foil my folks gave me when travelling in a car as a kid).

All that for £17 quid. Feels fantastic and I still have a manly beard too. That's my treat for the next month or two.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Mines been getting furrier, but I am under close scrutiny from SWMBO. Not sure exactly what I will be allowed to get away with yet, but I think I am getting close to the limit.
beard_sefie.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE