410 mooching shotgun project

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,

Brought this little gun about 25 yrs ago as a project. The gun needed a new firing pin and the button which is pushed in to fold the gun in half, this was all turned up by mate.
I striped all the old oil finishes, re-cut all the checking back in to the woodwork and put a new oil finish on.

After all the years without a gun slip, its got a Brady gun slip now thanks to one of are members.

DSC00740.jpg

DSC00743.jpg

DSC00745.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

Cheers
Topknot

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I love folding 410s, my favourite bunny gun is a similar animal. You've done a corking job on the one. I do hope it gets used!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That's a great looking job there Andy, looks a really tidy little "Garden Gun", as they were called when Iwuralad :)

We were all taught to shoot with one, and more importantly the safety and etiquette of it all.

Nice Job Topknot

Still waiting on my FAC / SGC

my freindly RFD has a pile of old Guns for destruction and is gonna let me have a look at any that arnt condemned as dangerous to shoot there's a few old 410 folders i saw one with a Skeleton stock ;) and one similar to yours

ATB

Duncan

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Now that's pretty, "an elegant weapon for a more civilised age" as the geek in me wants to say. You've done a lovely job on her, looks like a new pin. A lovely thing to take out on an early morning wander.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
What a cracking little gun there Topknot. Very nice indeed.

Nice Job Topknot

Still waiting on my FAC / SGC

my freindly RFD has a pile of old Guns for destruction and is gonna let me have a look at any that arnt condemned as dangerous to shoot there's a few old 410 folders i saw one with a Skeleton stock ;) and one similar to yours

ATB

Duncan

That wouldn't be John Marsh in Wimborne would it Duncan?

Andy

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,

Thank you guy's for the good comments on the gun. I the past i have took bunny's (and clay's) with the gun, but the land i shot over has gone to a new owner so no more.
The little gun only takes 2" cartridges

IMG_0391.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
2" will get it done at the right range :). Bring it up here some time Andy and we'll give it a workout protecting my veg!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE