Mors pot?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Hope you get hooked up Gill, I'm eternally bound to mine 😉

Nailed Horbury Bridge rapids .....wooooooo

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Ah I did not realise u could get them here ,now whether I want the mors or pathfinder? decisions ,decisions

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
well if it helps bud I have the Pathfinder version, it is slightly bigger at 1.9L as opposed to the 1.8L of the Mors pot, it performs superbly IMHO but the main reason I bought it is it is stainless and will not taint or release metal elements into your food.....look up why not to cook in aluminium pots on the web. But i'm sure whichever you buy it will work well.

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
Ah I did not realise u could get them here ,now whether I want the mors or pathfinder? decisions ,decisions

I didn't realise you could buy them here now, I stumbled across it while browsing Woodland Ways the other day so I went for the Pathfinder Bush Pot from Heinnie Haynes. It looks well made and will be getting its first use tommorow now I have finished work. Yey :)

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Does the lid on the pathfinder pot fit well ?

It fits well on mine Gill but I did read about some where the lids were loose, perhaps a QC problem when they first came out? The lid is quite shallow so comes off easier then Mors Pot, still much better than a Zebra though!

I think the lid would be good for holding coals, I wouldn't want to bake with the Mors Pot.

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
Does the lid on the pathfinder pot fit well ?

I had read too that the lid was loose on some of them, but I read that others had no issues with it. The lid on mine fits perfect and needs a little effort to remove it, for me its just right. Overall I am very pleased with the pot and Heinnie.

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
I'd appreciate any thoughts you have as I'm also wondering about the Mors or the Pathfinder.

All the best.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Just get a rubber military swedish foldacup, and damn the pan! Its gonna burn your lips whichever model ya get. :D

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Sam (MOT) above has the mors so I've used his. Great pot. But as said its Ali, so does tend to taint a bit.

I've got the Bush Pot for Christmas so have had a little look :eek: . Lids fine but as said is shallow. The stand actually looks like it may be of use too. And the stainless should last well.

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
Hi Doc

I am over the moon with the Pathfinder Bushpot, great bit of kit and has taken plenty of punishment, no tainting of what you cook, I know some people had issues with the lid but mine is a good fit and as mentioned above has a lip so you can kinda use it as a small dutch oven buy putting coals on the top, which you cant do with the Mors.

That's my two peneth anyway bud.

I'd appreciate any thoughts you have as I'm also wondering about the Mors or the Pathfinder.

All the best.

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Thanks.

I was given a Pathfinder pot for Christmas. I haven't used it yet on a fire, but I've cooked with it on a gas stove.

So far I am very happy it.

All the best.

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Wee update:

No problems with the lid - great fit.

Good plume of steam tells you when it's boiling.

Really love the spout.

"Magic handles" don't seem to get hot, so it's always been easy to lift and pour.

Cleans up a treat.

Hangs ok and bail keeps in position when pushed down.

Haven't used the cooker/stand thingy yet.

Thought I'd miss my zebra pot but not the case.

Overall very pleased.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE