Full member renewal not worked.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
I received my membership renewal notice on the 23rd July and paid it immediately however I am no longer able to see the full members area.
I tried to pm Tony but apparently I'm over my limit (the difference between none members and members I guess) and even after clearing out a few pms I still couldn't send a message.

I imagine Tony has been a bit tied up with the Moot and may not have got round to this (I thought the couple of weeks prior to the Moot would have been sufficient) but obviously not.

If there are any mods reading this could they pass the message on please via a pm or other means?

Thanks

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Bump!

I still cannot get into the Full member's area or send pms.

Would someone let Tony know please?
I would have thought by now he has caught up after the Moot but obviously not.

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Yup, just checked Paypal account.

23rd July - Payment to Bushcraft Media Ltd. with the BCUK shop email address.

I'm sure it has just got missed but I couldn't get in touch with Tony.

shelly

Admin
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Deepest Wales
I received my membership renewal notice on the 23rd July and paid it immediately however I am no longer able to see the full members area.
I tried to pm Tony but apparently I'm over my limit (the difference between none members and members I guess) and even after clearing out a few pms I still couldn't send a message.

I imagine Tony has been a bit tied up with the Moot and may not have got round to this (I thought the couple of weeks prior to the Moot would have been sufficient) but obviously not.

If there are any mods reading this could they pass the message on please via a pm or other means?

Thanks

Hi, Thanks for that, sorry, not sure quite what happened, it is usually automatic. Thanks for the e-mail, you are now back up and running.
Shelly

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
It appears that once again my membership payment has not updated my status.
I can no longer see the full member area and cannot pm anyone to tell them.

The Paypal payment was made on the 10th September. Can one of the mods look into this again please?
Am I the only person that this happens to? That's two years in a row now.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've flagged this for Admin to have a look at (probably morning now I suspect) and hopefully they'll sort it out asap.
If it doesn't get resolved in a day or so, will you let me know and I'll stir things up again ?

cheers,
Toddy

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Thanks Toddy.
Im wondering if it is anything to do with the payment method?
When I tried renewing via the website (several times over a couple of days) it couldn't login to Paypal so I then tried to login to Paypal directly through another window which worked fine. Once there I made the payment but maybe this loses the link that automatically updates my profile?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hey Bob, yes I think you've hit the nail. Unless it goes through the system there's no way the system knows that you have paid for a subscription, the system doesn't do anything. I've no idea why it won't work through the site link as i've never heard of anyone else having a problem with that, usually it's a straight forward click on subscription and follow the process and then the auto renew comes into place.
Shelly said to me this morning that we'd received a payment from you and so I checked and changed you to a full member, but it will be the same next year, you should get a notification email saying it's about to expire but unless the payment comes through the system there's no link form paypal to bushcraft uk

Hope that makes sense :D
Tony

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE