Can you ride a giraffe? ? ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
About that moose again, wouldn't it very dangerous riding one through thick brush in 25-35 kmh? Would they take into account that they have a rider? I am thinking of overhead branches.

Btw. I have sent a mail to the Department of Agriculture and asked if it is possible to aquire permission for keeping a couple of them. I think I know what the answer will be but I had to ask. :D

Torjus Gaaren

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
torjusg said:
About that moose again, wouldn't it very dangerous riding one through thick brush in 25-35 kmh? Would they take into account that they have a rider? I am thinking of overhead branches.

Btw. I have sent a mail to the Department of Agriculture and asked if it is possible to aquire permission for keeping a couple of them. I think I know what the answer will be but I had to ask. :D

Torjus Gaaren

When a moose runs, does it hold its head high, or put it down low?

I would expect that if you could keep your head and shoulders withing the space behind its antlers, you'd be OK.

The moose wouldn't want to keep crashing its antlers into branches and trunks, would it?

K.

hobbitboy

Forager
Jun 30, 2004
Erm... it's variable
Hahaha, awesome topic.
Fairly sure (although standing very open to correction) that in one of the scenes in "Gladiator" theres somebody riding a giraffe...but I may have made that up :confused:

Ed W

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2005
West Yorkshire
I don't see why you couldn't ride a giraffe, after all they are very strong.

The real question though is why would you want to?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE