Inov-8 Footwear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I know there are a few of you on here that use Inov-8 footware. How do you get on with them? How durable are they? I've seen a report from podcast bob cutting one of his open on his cape wrath trip, and Teepee's recent issue with a pair on a trip to the lakes.

Anyone else had any issues with their Inov-8's? What was the customer service like? Anyone not had any issues with hundreds of miles of good service?

Thanks

Julia

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've got a pair of Terrocs which I bought to do the TGO in 2012, after ordering them I found they were too low in the heel cup for me and I wanted something more. I ended up getting some Salomon Speedcross for the TGO which were fantastic, the Terrocs are just leisure shoes now for easy day bimbles or mucking about.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I've got a pair of Terrocs which I bought to do the TGO in 2012, after ordering them I found they were too low in the heel cup for me and I wanted something more. I ended up getting some Salomon Speedcross for the TGO which were fantastic, the Terrocs are just leisure shoes now for easy day bimbles or mucking about.

Interesting. I tried a pair of Salomon shoes over a decade ago, the first pair fell apart within the first month, were replaced under warranty, and the second pair met a similar fate. So having destroyed 2 pairs in as many months, I swapped them for a different company, and swore never to touch Salomon again.

Thanks

Julia

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I had a pair of Fastpacker Mids with which the gtx liner failed after only 40 miles or so, I replaced those under warranty and the 2nd pair have been great since.

Experiences lead you on to make decisions which you stick to, so far Salomon have been good for me so I've stuck with them.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I had a pair of Fastpacker Mids with which the gtx liner failed after only 40 miles or so, I replaced those under warranty and the 2nd pair have been great since.

Experiences lead you on to make decisions which you stick to, so far Salomon have been good for me so I've stuck with them.

What mileage have you clocked up with the Fastpackers?

It's so easy to get very shy of using a brand that has messed up in the past. It was over 10 years ago that I had the issue with the Saloman shoes. Maybe I should give them another chance...

Weirdly Ive found Salomon shoes to be indestructible. So it depends on many things I guess.

How recent a pair did you get?

Thanks

J

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
First thing i would say is they are only designed for 1000 miles of use so bare this in mind. I have the rocklites and they have been stunning. I have now abraided the mesh on the front foot panel and it is starting to work open. The GTX liner is still intact though and they are great for bog hopping. To be fair to the boots they have done really well considering some of the jagged rock paths ive put them through. Ive had about a year out of mine so far and will probably get another season out of them. No sole delamination so far and its wearing evenly. The grip is unparalleled in anything ive worn before and my analogy would be its like putting formula one rubber on your car. they stick like crazy to very varied terrain. Very comfortable too

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
for me they are a mountain shoe, if i was doing low level valley walks or day to day stuff id buy something more stout. I walk the dog in scarpa xls that will probably outlive me. These boots are designed for fast and light

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Really? That's gonna be a pain. The amount I walk (I don't own a car), I'm going to need a new pair every 6 months, possibly 3 pairs a year.

Julia

Your gonna be lucky to get 1000 miles out any lightweight footwear TBH. Most running shoes are dead after 500 miles. My friend has worn a pair of Salomon Speedcross to the fabric in 3 months. Even a pair of bulldozer boots are gonna see 2000+ miles plus a hard task.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Your gonna be lucky to get 1000 miles out any lightweight footwear TBH. Most running shoes are dead after 500 miles. My friend has worn a pair of Salomon Speedcross to the fabric in 3 months. Even a pair of bulldozer boots are gonna see 2000+ miles plus a hard task.

The average PCT walker does 6-7 pairs over the journey apparently :D

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
I have a pair of inov8 roclite 286 gtx I walked 50 miles in them straight out of the box, through mud and rock and stream, like wearing slippers I love them the soles really grip and they weigh next to nothing, havent done any decent walks since taking ill but still uses them for gentle dog walks great product and id defo buy again.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe

I have worn 2 pairs of TNF shoes to the point of destruction. This pair is about 2 months old, already the laces are falling apart (the life of the laces on these shoes is pants, so I replace them with dyneema). I tend to walk about 20 miles a week just incidental walking, I am trying to add another 20-30 miles a week of hiking to build fitness. This kinda explains why I trash footware so damn fast... Never thought about it like this before. Wow.

Gonna need to have a rethink about my shoe budget...

The average PCT walker does 6-7 pairs over the journey apparently :D

That's kinda worrying but also impressive. I have visions that the PCT is littered with discarded shoes...

haha ill bet some get through the same in gucci kit too.

Even if my rocklites only lasted one season of outdoor life id still buy them again in a flash. they have revolutionised my leg fatigue compared to lifting my scarpas all day long

When I find a comfortable footwear that is comfy and allows me to walk good distances without pain, I am happy to keep getting them as they wear out. I just wish they lasted longer...

I have a pair of inov8 roclite 286 gtx I walked 50 miles in them straight out of the box, through mud and rock and stream, like wearing slippers I love them the soles really grip and they weigh next to nothing, havent done any decent walks since taking ill but still uses them for gentle dog walks great product and id defo buy again.

The roclite's are starting to come to the top of the list for my next shoes. When next I am in that London, I will track down a stockist and try them on.

Thanks

Julia

MrHare

Tenderfoot
Apr 27, 2012
Skipton,Yorkshire
I think they had some quality control/design problems around 18 months-2 years ago. I had the webbing eyelets on a pair of roclite 315 and a pair of 295 disintegrate within a couple of months of purchase. They replaced the 2nd pair under warranty (I didn't ask with the first pair) with no trouble - I just had to send them pictures showing the problem. Customer service was good, although I had to wait 6 months for replacements due to having stupidly massive feet.

The design of the roclites has now changed, and the new ones have plastic eyelets. They're a lot more durable.

(In fairness, I should say that 'a couple of months' means ' a couple of months of 40 miles a week through peat & heather, rinsed off in the shower at the end of the run but never ever having the chance to dry out')

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
1,000 miles walking ? HWMBLT does an average of 50+ a week. The other ordinary walking around is on top of that. He goes through three or four pairs of boots a year, now I know why.

M

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
What mileage have you clocked up with the Fastpackers?

It's so easy to get very shy of using a brand that has messed up in the past. It was over 10 years ago that I had the issue with the Saloman shoes. Maybe I should give them another chance...

How recent a pair did you get?

Thanks

J

Yeah that may be the reason why bought mine 2 years ago. Now a days probably made in China.

CACTUS ELF

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 16, 2012
Cheshire
I've had two pairs, 315 roclite and terroc. Both have been great but I much prefer my Lowa Renegade's. Might be worth a look for you too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE