Muck boots or Grubs?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

troutman

Nomad
May 14, 2012
North East (UK)
I'm after a pair of neoprene wellingtons. Can't decide between the muck boots or the grubs. Does anyone have experience of the latter? I know the muck boots get a good review. In particular I was looking at the grubs frostline if anyone owns a pair and has any thoughts on them?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I am on my second pair of Grubs Stalkers. They fitted me better than Muck boots (different last I guess) and I preferred the Vibram sole. The first pair lasted 6 years, so I was pleased and bought an identical second pair.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Grubs stalkers for me, I think anything thicker would be too hot for me in a British climate. I went for the Grubs for the Vibram soles too, great boots.

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
Had a pair of the Grub Snowline boots for Christmas, they have been worn most days since due to the mud on the yard we keep our pony on. No complaints whatsoever, and the grip with the vibram sole is excellent .

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Had a pair of the Grub Snowline boots for Christmas, they have been worn most days since due to the mud on the yard we keep our pony on. No complaints whatsoever, and the grip with the vibram sole is excellent .

I've had the snowlines a long time now.....19 month ?
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93303 worn in all weathers and still going strong :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

para106

Jul 24, 2009
scotland
Just throw a spanner in the works.....I had a pair of Muckboot Avons with a vibram sole. I use them for camping & walking the dog over the fields. The sole only lasted for 2 years. I'm in pair of Muckboot Tyne now & the sole's far better even 4 years in. They seem to be called Muckmaster now. Brilliant boots - I wouln't wear anything else. The Grubs look OK but can't seem to find a pair that I want.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Very happy with my grubs, from walking the dog to canoeing in Scotland in the snow and ice.
If camping in winter when walking is only a few miles to and from camp it's the wellies every time. Saves a whole lot of polishing your good boots. If you are doing any decent miles or hills they are no substitute for decent boots.

Bonzo Frog

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
Worcestershire
I've had a pair of Muck boot Tay's for 2 years now and for me they're the best Wellington boots I've had. I like the open anti clog sole and found them very comfortable. when they wear out I will certainly look at replacing them with similar.

Dave

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I got a pair of neoprene wellies from Concord fishing £22 added some good insoles fantastic,but if you have the cash Muck cannot beat them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE