A few cool pics.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
Just did some messing with leather and a few bits and bobs.
Might give ya ideas for a primitive themed party outfit....

Enjoy, and no drooling.....

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
I give up, what are the various items, I can see what appears to be a stick on the left, and a bag for your fire-sticks on the right, but have no idea what is being licked/eaten? :rolleyes:

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
Okay heres a run through, I will give more info later as I am about to write a product review..

Walking stick. whistle, fire kit in general pack, bone necklace around neck, spindle attached to breast thong though very hard to see, sea grass waist binding.

And of course, food pouch with sunflower seeds.......hehe, not teeth.
lol

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
guys, guys, c'mon, enough of the "sexy young lady" comments. 8thsinner, i'm impressed, you seem to have lots of natural/bushcraft kit, though it's a bit tricky to see in the pic! Could you possibly post some enlargements of the smaller stuff?

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
Before every one starts jmping to the wrong conclusions, thats not me in the picture, though it is my gear.

It's my GF, Who has a reasonable interest in learning what I am addicted to.

It is my gear, though I don't think I have all that much myself, Heres a list of stuff I want to get, buy, borrow or make.
Skein Or flexible water bottle, the hard ones do my head in.
Self made bow, but I am starting to give up on this idea. And thinking about just buying one.
Mocassins, I have never managed to make a good pair.
35 litre back pack, plans have developed over the last 18 months it's just buying that amount of pigskin..
Sheepskin bed rolls.
Flintknapped knife is much more impressive than my polished stone axe.
Decent bone sewing kit and fishing kit.
Atlatl and a few dozen spears to practice with.

Anyway I am rambling now.

Thanks for not drooling.....Yeah right.

I will get a pic up when I have time of all the small bits, but not tonight as I have two braided books to make. Catch ya all later.

running bare

Banned
Sep 28, 2005
jarrow,tyne & wear uk
talk about going native!!! thats an impressive kit list you want. i must admit that making stuff yourself is very satisfying,to be able to say hey , its not perfect but I made it anyway mk 2 will be an improvement. ooops its my turn to ramble :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

stick with making your own gear and keep the pics and maybe a few tutorials coming :You_Rock_

tom

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
8thsinner said:
Before every one starts jmping to the wrong conclusions, thats not me in the picture, though it is my gear.

It's my GF, Who has a reasonable interest in learning what I am addicted to.

It is my gear, though I don't think I have all that much myself, Heres a list of stuff I want to get, buy, borrow or make.
Skein Or flexible water bottle, the hard ones do my head in.
Self made bow, but I am starting to give up on this idea. And thinking about just buying one.
Mocassins, I have never managed to make a good pair.
35 litre back pack, plans have developed over the last 18 months it's just buying that amount of pigskin..
Sheepskin bed rolls.
Flintknapped knife is much more impressive than my polished stone axe.
Decent bone sewing kit and fishing kit.
Atlatl and a few dozen spears to practice with.

Anyway I am rambling now.

Thanks for not drooling.....Yeah right.

I will get a pic up when I have time of all the small bits, but not tonight as I have two braided books to make. Catch ya all later.

For mocs you might want to check:

"Craft Manual of North American Indian Footwear
George M. White
1992 2nd edition
A slim book that contains many patterns for moccasins and mukluks and instructions on how to make them."

I believe (hope) this is the book I am thinking of. It should be available through Amazon.com

Making mocs is not so much a matter of being able to follow a pattern as it is being able to make a pattern. This book will give you a lot of insight into making mocs. Be sure not to use too thick of leather. Most beginners use too thick of leather.

PG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE