Drink Problem!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I went to put away the mead I bottled yesterday and found I have a drink problem :eek:

I've run out of room:cool:

Booze cellar by British Red, on Flickr

The booze used to regulate itself by bottles - when we had enough bottles to make some, there would be enough shelf space to store it. This year I started using 1 litre ginger ale bottles (plastic ones) for beer and I bought some half size bottles for mead and flavoured spirits. It seems to have messed up my planning somewhat.

...and no I'm not looking for help by locking anyone in there for a week :lmao:. It'll keep till BBQ time - and there will be a few neighbours to give a "thank you" too

As problems go, I've had worse!

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I'm in some sort of dream larder :)

Hang a big cured ham and some salami type sausage in there and I'll be banging on the door ;)

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Thought you had stocked it in just for me in case I drop round for a visit :(

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Shame I've gone off of ale and beer in general or I'd happily help you sup a few Hugh ;)

There's all sorts in there Steve - Sloe Gin, Damson Vodka, Blackberry Brandy, Suicider, Elderberry Port, Bullace Beer, Mead, Metheglin and Melomel.....

But I don't drink much either these days :D I still enjoy making it though

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
There's all sorts in there Steve - Sloe Gin, Damson Vodka, Blackberry Brandy, Suicider, Elderberry Port, Bullace Beer, Mead, Metheglin and Melomel.....

But I don't drink much either these days :D I still enjoy making it though

Ohhhh... Womble_Lnacs made some of that and it was my drink for Drew's night at the last moot. It went down sooo smoothly :cool:

If it hadn't been for John I doubt I'd have made it back to my bed that night (and that's a story in itself)... but no hang over :D

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Just out of interest (and as a cider lover), what on earth is suicider?

Its a cider based drink made from distilled apple based spirits (Apple Brandy, Calvados, or the drink Terry Pratchett must have encountered now known as "Scumble" made in Devon). This is diluted with cider that had been mulled with brown sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and cloves. It ends up tasting like apple crumble, really innocuous. The problem is its about 20% alcohol by volume and people want to drink it in pints (till they fall down). Hence the name.

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Its a cider based drink made from distilled apple based spirits (Apple Brandy, Calvados, or the drink Terry Pratchett must have encountered now known as "Scumble" made in Devon). This is diluted with cider that had been mulled with brown sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and cloves. It ends up tasting like apple crumble, really innocuous. The problem is its about 20% alcohol by volume and people want to drink it in pints (till they fall down). Hence the name.

Sounds amazing! Is it a home invention or something often brewed? Can't find any mention of it on the web, and especially not where I can get hold of some!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE