Cheapest source of 3mm Veg Tan leather for sheathes?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
It's the same as buying awt else, the less you buy the more expensive it is.
I buy all my hide from a place in knutsford now in person so I know what I am getting.
For the price I pay that would be expensive but my spend is usually about £45 at a time and it's not like you are not going to use it all.

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
Same here I use Abbey in Knutsford. Good as I can inspect what they have and pick the best bit for me. around £5 per square foot. I believe. I usually keep 2 3 and 4mm in stock for different projects.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Only £45 at a time on leather? How quaint! :lmao: Sorry, just kidding. You are dead right, its the same with most materials, the more you buy the better the price. There is also a quality issue to consider, sometimes cheap isn't going to be very good at all. I mostly get my veg tan from Batchelors in London or from Le Prevo, depending on what else I'm after when I run short and also what type of hide I'm after. Just had a delivery from Le Prevo and I think the leather bill in it was £190

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Only £45 at a time on leather? How quaint! :lmao: Sorry, just kidding. You are dead right, its the same with most materials, the more you buy the better the price. There is also a quality issue to consider, sometimes cheap isn't going to be very good at all. I mostly get my veg tan from Batchelors in London or from Le Prevo, depending on what else I'm after when I run short and also what type of hide I'm after. Just had a delivery from Le Prevo and I think the leather bill in it was £190

Quaint! ;)
Lucky for me bow grips tend to be pretty small. Also depends how many times I lose my axe sheath!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE