Article: Muck Boot - Artic Sport

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Excellent write up - I am a fan of rubber and neoprene boots too - there is simply no comparison with cheap wellingtons - a fact that many fail to grasp

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
Excellent write up for an excellent product. I love my Muck Boots and would never go back to wearing anything else. I may take a look at the Arctic Sport as a good winter boot though as I do need an extra pair of thick socks on with mine.

1 shot willie

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2012
DEVON
Absolutely worth every penny that they cost you.
Comfortable, and very warm, a truly quality boot.

Stupid me used mine to walk about in concrete while laying it, the boots stood up to the task, but started to rot the neoprene shortly after.
Even so, they still soldiered on for a good few months, after a few repairs with the good old "Black Witch" glue :)

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
I have Tay Sports with the same sole unit. The neoprene gets shredded easily, the rubber is thinly coated and the grip is diabolical on wet rock or chalk, However, they are warm and more importantly comfortable. They are wide fitting on both the foot and calf.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Try the Grub Stalkers next time widu13 - I find the (Vibram) sole much improved over the Muck Boot :)

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Try the Grub Stalkers next time widu13 - I find the (Vibram) sole much improved over the Muck Boot :)

Will do bud, I like the idea of the muck boot and the sole is great in ploughed fields but as you know there's a heck of a lot of chalk my way! I think they also do a "standard" sole unit but not on the sport models (extra warm ones).

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yep - there's not much between Grubs and Muckboots other than the sole unit (Grubs use Vibram) - they have a slightly different fit too - which suited my feet but clearly may not suit others

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I got the Rok Dundee at £34.99
After a year of use, Ive just noticed a crack appearing where your toes bend the boot. Buy cheap, buy twice?!
Will look at grubs stalkers, and Aigles parcour iso 2 next.

Last edited:

trade axe

Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2013
Western Canada
Nice write up, thanks. I have seen some long haul cattle truckers wearing these and I wondered about them. I grabbed a pair of ''Chore'' Mucks for metal detecting last year. They were a bit pricey but worth the extra cash. I put cushioning insoles inside and I can go for hours in them, dry or wet outside. They seem to be a little fragile though as I got a gouge at the instep. I stepped on a beaver chewed young tree and the spike ripped my boot open. I just grabbed a piece of bicycle inner tube rubber and glued it over the rip. It has stayed water proof.

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
Had a pair of the Snowline boots from Grub, for Christmas and have to say they are the most comfortable boots I have owned.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE